03 Cobra vs. 06 Lamborghini Gallardo

03cobra76

11 second club
Established Member
Well, I got the once in a lifetime race this afternoon on PCH.

I was about 2 blocks from turning left onto PCH and lo and behold a beautiful black Lamborghini Gallardo with no plates turns onto the road in front of me heading the same direction. We both pull into double left turn lane and I am able to get right next to him. I see that the driver is a female about 30 or so with her husband/boyfriend in the passenger seat, obviously giving her some instruction on something on the dash. I can tell it must be her first time driving it because she has a nervous look on her face. I try to grab their attention but the windows were up and they werent looking over at me.

Anyway the light turns green and we both gently turn left onto PCH. I was waiting for for her to drop the hammer and as soon as she completed her turn, I heard a roar and she lit em up! I roll hard into 1st and powershift second and walk past her. I was about a car length ahead when I heard her shut it down due to someone turning into her lane. I cruise for another half mile or so but she just hangs back.

I start thinking, oh well, it wasnt much but it was fun. Then I hear it...that roar again, I look in my rearview and she is screaming up behind and moves over to pass. Im cruising somewhere in the 60's and drop to third and nail it. She passes me as I shift to 4th and I immediately stop her pull as she gets about a car length on me. The faster we go the harder I start to pull and I pass her at around 120. I wound out 4th gear (somewhere around 130-135) and shut it down, as does she. When it was all said and done I had about 1 to 1-1/2 cars on her.

Talk about a rush! I had no idea I would pull on that car up top like I did. She was definitely WOT the whole way as that thing was SCREAMING when I started to pass...I had no idea those things were that loud stock! When we came to the next light the windows were still up and the passenger just smiled and shook his head. I gave a thumbs up and they turned left down another street, the driver never even looked over and still had that same nervous look on her face.

I know I know...female newbie driver, I probably wasnt getting the cars best shot but it still felt great! Beautiful car though and definitely something I wont forget.

Last edited:

NewKid

Aliens
Established Member
That's badass man! I would love to have a race like that but, I think I need some more mods to start doing that stuff.

Good kill, ah hell, great kill!

01 GT GIRL

Established Member
What do you mean I know I know female newbee driver, what do you mean by that, I'm a female driver and can drive the hell out of my mustang or any other car for that matter. What's female got to do with it anyway. I'm here in so cal too, so if you're up to the challenge, I have access to an 03 cobra anytime you're ready buddy.

SVTFsOnIcBlUe

C:\Socuments and Dettings
Established Member
01 GT GIRL said:
What do you mean I know I know female newbee driver, what do you mean by that, I'm a female driver and can drive the hell out of my mustang or any other car for that matter. What's female got to do with it anyway. I'm here in so cal too, so if you're up to the challenge, I have access to an 03 cobra anytime you're ready buddy.

ohh god cool it....He was referring to her "nervous" look and she just happend to be a female with a nervous look. geeeesh :lol:

03cobra76

11 second club
Established Member
01 GT GIRL said:

Slow down Shirley Muldowney.

I was referring to the fact that it was OBVIOUSLY her first time behind the wheel of that Lambo. Unlike you, most of us arent experts the first time we drive a new vehicle with that kind of horsepower. She was a newbie to the vehicle, NOT because she was female.

As far as racing...you dont need to bring a cobra, with your professional driving skills Im sure you could beat me in your GT. :thumbsup:

SVTFsOnIcBlUe

Established Member
03cobra76 said:
As far as racing...you dont need to bring a cobra, with your professional driving skills Im sure you could beat me in your GT. :thumbsup:

Professional driving skillz ehhh......Hmmm

rmgtc01

Established Member
01 GT GIRL said:

That's funny.
There is a saying that goes..."Why can't Hellen Keller drive?

Answer: "Because she is a woman!" :poke:

In all fun, I think women that can drive a muscle car are sexy as hell and I hope to find one and marry her one day.

01 GT GIRL

Established Member
rmgtc01 said:
That's funny.
There is a saying that goes..."Why can't Hellen Keller drive?

Answer: "Because she is a woman!" :poke:

In all fun, I think women that can drive a muscle car are sexy as hell and I hope to find one and marry her one day.
I THOUGHT IT WAS BECAUSE SHES BLIND.

SVTFsOnIcBlUe

Established Member
Yeah If she were alive today and somehow was given a pair of keys to a performance car and allowed to drive it I would wanna be miles away!!!

Users who are viewing this thread