03 Cobra vs 4th gen LS1 Camaro

86gt5liter

Established Member
Tonight went out and saw a younger group in a parking lot so thought I would swing in. Nobody there really had anything worth messing with but said they had some friends with some blower cars. So a Procharged vette was supposed to come out so I waited around for a while. The crowd started getting bigger then a the Camaro pulled in with some other cars. It is a H/C/I LS1 not sure what but it did have a fast intake and also a 4000 stall with some suspension work and drag radials, other than that no idea what else was done. So a couple guys were going out to the "spot" so I followed to see. On the way back messed with a couple of the guys then got up next to the Camaro. It was in the 40's tonight so put it in 3rd and was at 40 there were no honks or anything i just listened for him to hit it then i went.... well I pulled out on him then he stayed right by my back tire. So overall it was a kill but not sure how much power those cars put out with those mods. I was happy because its been my first race with the car and he was beating on everyone else.

D1984

Whining
Established Member
could be anywhere from a 400rwhp-500rwhp car. most heads/cam guys are in the 450rwhp range. the high stall convertor makes a huge difference. from what i remember, my buddy's LS1 back in high school went almost a full second quicker in the quarter mile with just a stall

Maxspeed04svt

Established Member
You would of been better off in 2nd at 40mph, but you still did good . My buddie has a cam only fbody that stays at my back bumper untill about 8-90 mph from a 40 roll. But he has a ton of weight removed from the car- light weight drag wheels , no bumper supports, drivers seat only - it's a very fast car .

Jiffy

Established Member
OP - interested in your Steig ported blower journey. It's something I'm considering in the future - how much extra boost could you get without massive heat build-up? Did you need to run the B.A.P. to supply enough fuel to match the extra boost? Could you have done it without a B.A.P.? Did you need to go up on the crank pulley to get the upper pulley speed from the 2.76 upper? Could you not have achieved the same outcome from a 2.71 or smaller upper pulley?
Sorry for all the questions....

Or should I post this as a separate thread in the general question area?

Last edited:

wreckit

Established Member
Great Kill!
Awesome to see the Terminators taking out Camaro's!!

Last edited:

b_dike

Established Member
Great Kill!
Awesome to see the Terminators take out newer Camaro's!!

4th gen camaros are the same era if not older than 03/04 cobra's.

Good kill op, definitely should've been in 2nd even with the cold. 3rd gear from 40mph is a pretty sluggish start.

wreckit

Established Member
4th gen camaros are the same era if not older than 03/04 cobra's.

Good kill op, definitely should've been in 2nd even with the cold. 3rd gear from 40mph is a pretty sluggish start.
:bash: i do not know what i was thinking. You are absolutely right

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
Bc he doesn't even feel the need to downshift to beat an LS1 w cams and heads lol. Thats why my profile pic is what it is. One whooped my butt one day. Edit: the LS whooped me

Last edited:

clc44

Established Member
They are still very worthy opponents especially with h/c/I and weight reduction. Cam only can get into the 11's.

Users who are viewing this thread