03 Cobra vs. C5 vs. 95 mustang gt

last5liter

Established Member
while enjoying the woodward dream cruise festivities this week, I was heading north on my way home and notice a black 03-04 cobra coupe and a black C5 coupe rolling slow. Sure enough they punched it and the cobra took the vette by a length or 2.

So I figured "what the heck" and rolled up on the 03 in my 95 gt. He kinda gave me the why should I bother look until we were slow enough I showed him the purge.

After that he was interested. We went from a 3rd gear roll about 200 rpm below when my window switch will activate.

One the third honk we were off. Through 3rd we were about even. After I made the shift to 4th I began pulling and put a car length on him at the end of 4th, then we let off.

He gave a :thumbsup: probably wondering what else besides the N2O I had that gave me the win :burnout:

All in all it was a fun night and chalked up a modded terminator and C5 to the growing list of kills since the N2O went in :beer:

JS01SNAKE

Established Member
good kill OP. im from southeast mich too, have any pics of ur ride? maybe i have seen you around. I too will be at woodward this weekend, but just for fun.

last5liter

Established Member
good kill OP. im from southeast mich too, have any pics of ur ride? maybe i have seen you around. I too will be at woodward this weekend, but just for fun.

current.JPG

Last edited:

TNTLightning

DSG Terminator
Established Member
Stock 302 lower end
AFR heads
Crane Cam
Ported Cobra intake
Full exhaust, flowmaster muffs
T-56 trans with 3.73 gears
lots of maximum motorsports suspension upgrades

Last but not least a 125 wet ZEX shot.
With stock short block, i'm guessing AFR 165's w/ 1.94 intake valves, and the crane cam being of the 2040 variety(same as e303). Am i close. lol I'm an old school 5.0 guy at heart. Still have my '91 triple black coupe in the garage awaiting a new heart. With your mods, i'm figuring about 325ish rwhp on motor and about 430-450rwhp on spray. With 3.73's and suspension and good traction, this is probably mid/low 11's. I would run the TS cobra guy from a dig and see what happens. Less hp will hook up better and once moving you can introduce all 125 nitrous thoroughbreds to the man. lol
Anyway, good kill, nice car.:rockon:

last5liter

Established Member
how do you figure a maybe 400rwhp car matches up to a 600rwhp car? That are only 200 or so lbs difference in weight?

The car is a little lighter than stock. Sitting at 3200lb.

More then the HP# is the TQ on the spray, quite a bit more then the HP# :)

Honestly I dont think I have a chance, But I do think I could hold my own through at least 2nd gear going from a dead stop? :beer:

last5liter

Established Member
With stock short block, i'm guessing AFR 165's w/ 1.94 intake valves, and the crane cam being of the 2040 variety(same as e303). Am i close. lol I'm an old school 5.0 guy at heart. Still have my '91 triple black coupe in the garage awaiting a new heart. With your mods, i'm figuring about 325ish rwhp on motor and about 430-450rwhp on spray. With 3.73's and suspension and good traction, this is probably mid/low 11's. I would run the TS cobra guy from a dig and see what happens. Less hp will hook up better and once moving you can introduce all 125 nitrous thoroughbreds to the man. lol
Anyway, good kill, nice car.:rockon:

Seems you have an old school 5.0 crystal ball :D

btw, its a 2031 cam (I have the 1.7 ratio rockers) :p

Users who are viewing this thread