03 GT
-long tube headers
-Acufab plenum
-acufab 75mm TB
-off road h-pipe
-flow master cat-back
-diablo chip
-SHM cams (installed by me)

We were on our way home from the drag strip, where my father, my wife, the owner of the GT, and I had been racing brakets.
I was running consistance 12.91-12.94s at 105mph, the GT was running 13.2x and 13.3s at around 103mph. Now I know those ETs are far off my best, but take into consideration I was running with my bed rug installed, my tonue cover on, spare, hitch, ect. ect (im sure you get the point).

Time is passing slow on the 2hr drive home, and about 1.5hrs into it we are all getting pretty sleepy. Time for some racing.

First my wife rolls up next to the GT in her impala SS (runs mid to low 13s at around 101mph with a best of 13.18 @ 103mph). They make a run from 60mph and its pretty close, with the GT inching on her towards 100mph.

Next the GT rolls up to me. Now once again realize, im carying 2 pairs of racing slicks and wheels, a 100lbs tool box and jack in the box of the truck (trucks are awsome drag vehicles for convinience). We are doing about 60mph and nail it. I jump about 2-3ft on him, and hold that up till about 80mph, were I start pulling away. Didnt run much past 100mph as we were just having fun, and already determined who was faster. I put about 1-1.5 cars on him. Was fun.

Next my dad in my moms car pulls up next to me. (another impala SS that runs mid to low 13s at 102mph) We nail it and I start pulling right away.....but
but
but
whats this, all of the sudden the impala shoots past me and BURIES ME!!!!!!!!!!
That bastage kept the bottle armed from the track (dont know why cause he didnt even use it there) and sprayed me like crazy!!!! (car runs 12.3s @ 112mph on spray)..

Gee, thanks dad!

horseplay

Crazy MMA Junkie
Established Member
its cool to have fun parents lol. i bet you were like :eek: when you dad took off j/k, nice runs :beer:

Sweet35th

Genius/serial killer
Established Member
Sprayed by dad. Gotta love it!

Yah. I think he wants to try a run at my stang, but he'd have a rude awakening if he raced that........Still stings a lil bit having my lightning get beat by my moms car...

Users who are viewing this thread