04 cobra beat my roush

boosted99si

Established Member
my first real loss.....i finally ran into an 04 cobra and he just kinda jerks it like he wants to mess around and for some stupid reason i think hey maybe i can take him maybe im a better driver. he's going back 45 which isnt a good spot in the roush cause its a very high 2nd gear and as soon as i punch it i have to changed into 3rd which i feel is the harder gear to shift into. so i hear a horn and i get ready then the next and the third i hear him punch it and my S/C is screaming then i go to shift into 3rd of course I MISS A GEAR he pulls like 5 cars and i just keep that distance til about 100 and then let off...my first real lost and i had a feeling it would be right before...oh well we all have to lose sometime theres always somebody faster quicker and better lookin than us

blown302stng

Established Member
Hey whats up I see that your in Charlotte. What color was the 04?

I am in Charlotte also, maybe I will see you sometime or another.

Jeremy

boosted99si

Established Member
it was yellow and yeah maybe ill see you around i drive a navy blue roush stage 3 hardtop look around for sometimes up at rea rd and other places with nice cars

on-3svt

Established Member
i have a n/a 97 cobra
i ran into a 04 cobra .he said it was stock
we were messin around about 1/2 mile then we we geared down to about 30/35
we both looked at each other and punched it i jumped about a car then hit rev limiter for some reason
he pulled about a car then i pulled about 1/2 car and stayed like that till about 135/140........i think from stop i could of taken him.

Last edited:

boosted99si

Established Member
im guessing if i would have shifted into 3rd nicely and not messed up then it would have been that kinda race

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
What kind of shifter does your 01 stg 3 Roush have??? 5.0 magazine wasnt very impressed with the shifter on the new Roush 440A, they said it was difficult to hit hard shifts, Might consider a Tri-ax or Pro 5.0. Missing third gear is almost impossible sice I got a Tri-ax. hth better luck next time.

on-3svt

Established Member
i had a o2 un hooked on the front pass. side no computer tune yet and just got the 4.30s but im ready now.....hahahahah

boosted99si

Established Member
cobraguy im not really sure what kind it is....its stock though so if anybody else can help him out on that...but i do like the locationing of it in the car kinda facing me i find it easier cause i can just sit still instead of moving around like some ppl while shifting

Perferd

Established Member
^ its just stock GT....

I put in the Roush short throw which is the tri-ax but just restamped as Roush I have heard. Works great but can get it cheaper without the name on it lol. You should come over to www.fnsweet.com if you are not already there. It is THE ROUSH site on the net...

tickingcobra

Banned
on-3svt said:
i have a n/a 97 cobra
we both looked at each other and punched it i jumped about a car then hit rev limiter for some reason
he pulled about a car then i pulled about 1/2 car and stayed like that till about 135/140........i think from stop i could of taken him.

You mean to tell me that you are a NA 97 Cobra with 305 crank hp, and stayed only a car behind an 03/04 Cobra??? cause you missed a gear I don't believe it

primetime

Established Member
tickingcobra said:
You mean to tell me that you are a NA 97 Cobra with 305 crank hp, and stayed only a car behind an 03/04 Cobra??? cause you missed a gear I don't believe it

LOL, You should visit a track some time as there are plenty of NA 96-98 Cobras that can take stockish 03+ Cobra. My buddy has a 97 with cold air kit, 4.30's, chip, headers, exhaust, slicks, and some weight reduction and runs 12.1's very consistently. later Ron

BLACKVNM

Established Member
primetime said:
LOL, You should visit a track some time as there are plenty of NA 96-98 Cobras that can take stockish 03+ Cobra.

I can see it being possible with those mods and in the 1/4, but he mentioned stayin with the 04 till 135+mph?? :nono: That's very hard to believe

primetime

Established Member
BLACKVNM said:
I can see it being possible with those mods and in the 1/4, but he mentioned stayin with the 04 till 135+mph?? :nono: That's very hard to believe

Very good point!

on-3svt, Care to enlighten us? later Ron

Machinator

Banned
on-3svt said:
i have a n/a 97 cobra

What kinda built motor have you got? Sounds like you got a stroker let me know I am thinking of doing a big bore stroker for a N/A build up.

birch

Go 'Eers!
Established Member
Hmmm

Anybody got a video of a 96-98/01 N/A Cobra (at the track) vs a 03/04 Cobra with both running slicks? I'd sure like to see it.

tickingcobra

Banned
BLACKVNM said:

Excately the point I was making :)

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
:bs: I just got rid of a very nice, and very modded 98 Cobra, and it is nowhere close to my 04. Sorry, but something ain't right. And 12.1 in the 1/4 with those mods. I do not think so. 12.8-12.9 at the best with those mods. I will say however, that when I had my 98 I did beat one 03 Cobra that was stock, but the guy had no idea how to drive.

Last edited:

birch

Go 'Eers!
Established Member
HISSMAN said:
:bs: I just got rid of a very nice, and very modded 98 Cobra, and it is nowhere close to my 04. Sorry, but something ain't right. And 12.1 in the 1/4 with those mods. I do not think so. 12.8-12.9 at the best with those mods. I will say however, that when I had my 98 I did beat one 03 Cobra that was stock, but the guy had no idea how to drive.

That was my thoughts...but I won't doubt my fellow stang owners. But then again, I will proudly say that I got beat by a Vortech 01 Cobra by 1 tenth of a second at the track (both on street tires). No problem admitting that.

Vic

Users who are viewing this thread