04 GT Coyote Swap build thread

TClark22

Established Member
Ok i swear i started a thread already but i can't find it...So i finally started the long process. I'll keep updating this thread with progress.

Its up in the air...

and BAM

Now you see it...

Now you don't...

And i am done for the day...

Just sold the blower kit. Still need to figure out what rods and pistons i am going to run in the coyote and buy them and get the shortblock assembled. All while selling my 2v and 3650. Then comes in the smaller stuff thats going to add up!

SCalla1384

Established Member
Nice man, will be an awesome build. I sold my vortech 2v for a coyote, and don't regret it. Coyote is such a badass motor.

What trans you going to use ?

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
I wish I could have went for a "before" ride! When you get this finished, I'd love to stop by to see how it runs. Good luck!

TClark22

Established Member
I have a T-56 sitting in the garage for the swap.

I plan on keeping a/c. I should be able to use the compressor in stock location using my stock 04 lines, at least thats what the kit from LMR says i can do. Then i can use a special bracket for the power steering pump to be able to use the stock lines. It probably won't go that smoothly but we will see.

Whistler98

Established Member
Gonna be awesome. I thought about doing the swap but I can't see spending all of that money and do all that work just to make my car faster. If I didn't already have the procharger or Maybe if my procharger worked on the new coyote. It is just gonna be cheaper for me to build my shortblock and turn up the boost.

Adiabatik

Banned
I don't get it. With the amount of money you're going to spend doing this, you could have turned the 2V into an absolute monster. All that cash and time only to run as fast as you did with the blower...

To each their own I guess :shrug:

silverstang84

Established Member
Awesome man. You car is among my top 5 GTs on the site. Maybe because I'm partial to silver ;) I can't wait to see how it turns out. I've been debating a built lower end, coyote swap or LS swap for my car lately. I don't know which direction to go in. Maybe your swap will persuade me in this direction. We will see. Good luck.

Mystic-SVT

snuggle fest, mmmmm!
Established Member
I don't get it. With the amount of money you're going to spend doing this, you could have turned the 2V into an absolute monster. All that cash and time only to run as fast as you did with the blower...

To each their own I guess :shrug:

After he sells the procharger kit and 2V motor along with the bolt ons he will have recouped a lot of his money. Also, the stock coyote with the lt's and tune will make more than his procharged setup did. Add cams to it, higher rev limiter, boss/Cobra jet intake, and tune and he will have a high 400's n/a car.

Adiabatik

Banned
After he sells the procharger kit and 2V motor along with the bolt ons he will have recouped a lot of his money. Also, the stock coyote with the lt's and tune will make more than his procharged setup did. Add cams to it, higher rev limiter, boss/Cobra jet intake, and tune and he will have a high 400's n/a car.

You're a lot more optimistic than I am lol

The Coyote itself is 8-10K, and that's the motor alone. He'd be lucky to recoup half that from selling the blower/2V. This would be an awesome/economical swap if perhaps he was stock or near stock. But I suppose if you want a 400hp N/A motor and money isn't a big concern, this is the swap for you.

Mystic-SVT

snuggle fest, mmmmm!
Established Member
You're a lot more optimistic than I am lol

The Coyote itself is 8-10K, and that's the motor alone. He'd be lucky to recoup half that from selling the blower/2V. This would be an awesome/economical swap if perhaps he was stock or near stock. But I suppose if you want a 400hp N/A motor and money isn't a big concern, this is the swap for you.

The Ford racing coyote crate engine is $6k from LMR, surely its cheaper through Tousley here on svtp. Yes I agree its an expensive swap but that engine seems to have a lot more potential than the older mod motors, especially the 2V.

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/item/M6007M50/2011-Mustang-Ford-Racing-50L-Crate-Engine

Users who are viewing this thread