07gt500

chuckstang

Established Member
that seems illegal on some level, im not even kidding. this is the production car so why would they treat it with non production stuff. im thinking that it will come with painted stripes, if not, no way is vinyl covering my shelby :)

crazyhorse06

Established Member
chuckstang said:
that seems illegal on some level, im not even kidding. this is the production car so why would they treat it with non production stuff. im thinking that it will come with painted stripes, if not, no way is vinyl covering my shelby :)
Stripe delete is an option. Order it that way and have them painted.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
chuckstang said:

It is a car show. They could paint it blue with green pocadots all over it, but that does not mean you can buy it that way from the factory. They do this at nearly every car show to make them stand out. It is no secret, and it has always been done.

-Jeff

chuckstang

Established Member
HISSMAN said:
It is a car show. They could paint it blue with green pocadots all over it, but that does not mean you can buy it that way from the factory. They do this at nearly every car show to make them stand out. It is no secret, and it has always been done.

-Jeff

But wait, that car show already took place, the one where they showed us the concept that look unbelievable :shrug:
oh well but i mean besides the stripes, that is the real car right exactly what we will see this summer , right??????? my god...

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
chuckstang said:
But wait, that car show already took place, the one where they showed us the concept that look unbelievable :shrug:
oh well but i mean besides the stripes, that is the real car right exactly what we will see this summer , right??????? my god...

Most of it. But it that is the case then I guess that is what the camro is going to look like. :poke:

crazyhorse06

Established Member
The NAIAS GT500 show car is the production car. IT won't change much if any. I don't think those stripes are painted on. If you look at the back of the white one, the stripes have gaps in them like vinyl would. The Camaro and Challenger are concept cars, they will change.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
crazyhorse06 said:
The NAIAS GT500 show car is the production car. IT won't change much if any. I don't think those stripes are painted on. If you look at the back of the white one, the stripes have gaps in them like vinyl would. The Camaro and Challenger are concept cars, they will change.

Good point. If they were indeed painted on they would have carried the strip all the way to the edges to save time for taping off.

chuckstang

Established Member
well the guy that was there and took the 2 pix said they were painted on. also the camaro is a concept and this gt500 is supposedly the production car and if there are more changes after this show car, then Im switching brands.

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
chuckstang said:
well the guy that was there and took the 2 pix said they were painted on. also the camaro is a concept and this gt500 is supposedly the production car and if there are more changes after this show car, then Im switching brands.

The stripes are vinyl.. Ford has already admited this..

Lets not regress...

mrGT

Established Member
Purvis,
Is there a website that gives that kind of detail? I've tried to read all I can and I haven't read anything about the stripes. If they talk about minor things like stripe material, they probably talk about a lot of the other minor items. THANKS

jshen

Established Member
Stripes

I am ok with the vinyl for a street car as they take a lick from road debis with less damage to paint...And it's easily replaceable if it gets messed up...

chuckstang

Established Member
jshen said:
I am ok with the vinyl for a street car as they take a lick from road debis with less damage to paint...And it's easily replaceable if it gets messed up...
Hmmm thats a very good point. its a wash i guess

1993cobramustan

P'O'd SVT POSTER
Established Member
Nice car-delete the crappy lemans stripes

RAZOR Z said:
Went to the auto show yesterday to see my new car:

421420673_l.jpg

421449175_l.jpg

Well, this caught my eye too...

421482111_l.jpg

Great plates....rear stripes look like s--t....If I take my powerlease option, I will order car with deletes for Lemans and side stripe option.....I hate how Ford left space around the rear brake light and license plate openings....looks like something JC whitney would offer as an aftermarket kit.....too bad......

TAL

2004 Cobra
Established Member
Sandy;

Does the stripe delete option also delete the stripes that are on the bottom-side of the car? The ones that read GT500 stripes?

BTW....called SVT about my Powerlease and they only took my name and number and said they would get back to me.

Blow-off or what ?????

91svtbird

Established Member
TAL said:
Sandy;

Does the stripe delete option also delete the stripes that are on the bottom-side of the car? The ones that read GT500 stripes?

BTW....called SVT about my Powerlease and they only took my name and number and said they would get back to me.

Blow-off or what ?????
I believe you can opt for either side stripe delete or lemans hood stripe delete or both. Check the tech specs it's listed in the option section
http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=606806
You have to download a PDF pile.Everything is there.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread