1 owner, Bone Stock, 57k miles: Whats it worth?

ModMike1572

Established Member
I'm certainly not desperate, but if the right deal comes along I'd like to jump back into another stang.

Found a 2004 black convertible. 57k miles. What really intrigues me is that it's a 1 owner car and is bone stock. I get tired of seeing all the solid axle, turbo, big modded cars for sale. I actually want to start from scratch and mod it myself so this is a big plus.

Anyway, the dealer has it up for 18,988. It's a consignment car. I figured, what the hell. I could swing that. Only problem is, after all the fee's I'm looking at 20,6xx out the door. I havent negotiated anything, just asked what kind of deal they could do for me and that's what they came up with.

Anyway, what do you guys think. At what point would this car be a 'good deal'? I'm thinking otd 19k or under..

Pics:

sa1_zpse5047a0e.jpg

sa2_zpsc96c0b59.jpg

sa3_zps27f9523d.jpg

sa4_zpsba62d7de.jpg

sa5_zps4d619838.jpg

sa6_zps9d6a25fc.jpg

sa7_zps9cea5edb.jpg

sa8_zps9d39ee48.jpg

03SonicVert

Ford Junkie since 1996
Established Member
I think that is a great price. To me that is a convertible at coupe price. Just paid $23, 600 for my SB vert with 22k miles. I would only purchase a SB and it had to be a drop top so I paid what the market deemed as value. Mine was at an auction on eBay from original owner. Minor tasteful mods which I appreciated as well. I don't know the production numbers on your particular example but I think it is extremely reasonable.

allgo90

Established Member
I made a call on that car before i bought mine. I wanted to come see the car but they told me it was at the body shop getting the bumper re painted because it had some "scratches." I find my low mile TR shortly after and never got a chance to look at this car.

HIonPSI

Established Member
I made a call on that car before i bought mine. I wanted to come see the car but they told me it was at the body shop getting the bumper re painted because it had some "scratches." I find my low mile TR shortly after and never got a chance to look at this car.

I was going to say...parts of the rear bumper and especially the front bumper of the car look to be kind of dull. Not sure if its just the reflection or what. Id check into that for sure.

P Weave

Established Member
I was going to say...parts of the rear bumper and especially the front bumper of the car look to be kind of dull. Not sure if its just the reflection or what. Id check into that for sure.

Pretty sure its just the sun, but yeah pictures can be deceiving! Other then that the car looks great. The black in black looks awesome. And to be honest, their asking price seems almost too good to be true. Makes me think there are issues with the car because they could easily be asking $23, 000 for the car. If you can get it for even the asking price you will be getting a good deal.

oneof185

Established Member
Pretty sure its just the sun, but yeah pictures can be deceiving! Other then that the car looks great. The black in black looks awesome. And to be honest, their asking price seems almost too good to be true. Makes me think there are issues with the car because they could easily be asking $23, 000 for the car. If you can get it for even the asking price you will be getting a good deal.

23k for a car with 57k miles? I would say the price is about right for a dealer.

svtaddict

Established Member
i wouldnt touch it ive seen clean low mile cobras for cheaper you just have to be patient. it took me like a year to find mine. it had 12k miles for 23k and is a sonic blue coupe.

ModMike1572

Established Member
I said I would give him 19k OTD and he turned it down.

Best he said he could do was 18,800 for the car with fee's comes to $20,400.

I think it's a fair deal, but doesnt really make me jump out of my seat to go get it.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
I called about that car last month. I was ready to buy but passed due to other "projects' I think its priced fairly

Dixarect

Cobro
Established Member
A little too much for me. Convertibles aren't as much demand as coupes so i wouldn't take it. What you are wanting is what I would ask.

Users who are viewing this thread