1000HP TT Shelby VS SC'd C63 AMG 1/2 mile race

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
I've driven an auto performance car before, and it is boring, but those high dollar ones make you look like a rock star in a race.

19935.slow

Established Member
I've driven an auto performance car before, and it is boring, but those high dollar ones make you look like a rock star in a race.

Don't like winning lol? The high horse power thing with a stick didn't really work out, but if thats what is cool then...

bizzmeister

Captain America
Established Member
I was there, the guys that brought out that c class also had a beast 1000hp clk and a 750ish whp E63.

That Shelby was insane. I checked it out but it honestly didn't look like a 1000whp car at all when he got on it. I think he had some shitty NT05r's on there too.

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
Don't like winning lol? The high horse power thing with a stick didn't really work out, but if thats what is cool then...

Yeah, the big horsepower guys go auto but I just don't enjoy it. And my point is auto's are fast. Just floor it and hold on, ha.

nidyanazo

///AMG &Ducati aficionado
Established Member
I was there, the guys that brought out that c class also had a beast 1000hp clk and a 750ish whp E63.

That Shelby was insane. I checked it out but it honestly didn't look like a 1000whp car at all when he got on it. I think he had some shitty NT05r's on there too.

Here's that car versus a TwinTurbo Corvette

They're saying it did 178 miles an hour in the half mile (!)

[youtube_browser]X-Ou5JWpThk[/youtube_browser]

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
Looked like the Shelby was coming back near the top end. Traction probably isn't his best friend.

bizzmeister

Captain America
Established Member
Here's that car versus a TwinTurbo Corvette

They're saying it did 178 miles an hour in the half mile (!)

[youtube_browser]X-Ou5JWpThk[/youtube_browser]

Lol I rocked that z06 myself in my cobra. The guy said it was 710whp. Ill have a thread up soon as I collect my footage. Was an awesome event.

bizzmeister

Captain America
Established Member
So it's not a C63 BS, but a CLK63 BS?

Either one, that Benz is a monster.

Just realized the 2nd video the op posted was indeed the CLK 63 black series because it was silver with the CCW classics Drag pack and the first one was the c63 black series which was matte white

Last edited:

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
So they post the numbers for the shelby but none for the Benz?? Fast car but that would not be fun for me just mashing the gas. Cool event though, I am sure plenty of fast cars there

both cars squirly on that second vid

Last edited:

nidyanazo

///AMG &Ducati aficionado
Established Member
The AMG speed shift transmissions with steering wheel mounted paddles are awesome.
Lots of fun in a lux car that you can manually control the gears when you want to, but leave it in auto and it shifts like butter when you want to cruise.

RussZTT

Established Member
710rwhp Vette should trap almost 150mph in the ¼. So either you guys are putting down 1,000rwhp (Cobra) or that Vette owner cant drive.

For reference, I raced a buddy that traps 141 in the ¼ and I stayed right next to him (spinning a bit) and I put down 842rwhp.

When I was at 700rwhp I raced a friend in his C6 Z06 with 569rwhp (trapped 132mph) and we were dead even.

Users who are viewing this thread