1290rwhp with a blower on a 5.4

Dan Schoneck

Established Member
what are the specs on the rotating assembly?

Bryant Billet Crank(Spec'd by mihovetz and myself, Manley rods I beam and they are 100 grams heavier than the I beam manleys you can order> only can get them from Accufab and NOT CHEAP...This motor has je pistons as John originally built it.

hey dan are you making the procharger bracketry as well?? what kind of options for 5.4 4v mounting with an F2 CCW is there now??

Yes I do brackets for the Gt500 and that's it, besides ls1 stuff and the Ford GT.

Dan Schoneck

Established Member
Dan - Mihovitz built the motor in this FGT?

It came in the silver ford gt in the back ground which is a very good friend of mines car. I stole the motor of it and broke the key way in the crank in febuary just dynoing:D The Silver GT was the one on Accufabs web site. It was in car and driver and had twins on it. Was scabbed together pretty bad thou by the owner and i am redoing the car. Yes the motor was built by John. But is not his latest and greatest stuff. The only thing left now is rods, pistons and block. I changed the heads, cams and crank> Now I have some money invested into this motor and it is going to be the back up motor for both cars. I am building both motors for both cars now. I do talk to John a bunch thou and he is helpful for sure.

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
cool deal, I've never spoken to John, however I have hear only good things about him. A wealth of knowledge and a gentleman, who will go out of his way to help someone on mod motors.

Hell the guy can get a 4.6L motor to push 2500hp! That says a lot!

bull3441

Established Member
Bryant Billet Crank(Spec'd by mihovetz and myself, Manley rods I beam and they are 100 grams heavier than the I beam manleys you can order> only can get them from Accufab and NOT CHEAP...This motor has je pistons as John originally built it.

Yes I do brackets for the Gt500 and that's it, besides ls1 stuff and the Ford GT.
do you have a pic of the rod? i would like to see what that T-Rex bone looks like next to a "regular" Manley I beam.

rdsnk46

Established Member
Belt driven turbo lol turbos r great 4 diesel pickups:D JK Tony.....
We just switched from 80 2 100lb inj for the 1st stage of injectors and really didn't care about drivabilty and had all but 4 hours 2 get my dyno going and make a few pulls. Just wanted 2 c how much power it would make and make sure my dyno works. The rear wheels fit the clamb shell just fine. You can't tell cause the clamb isn't on it. I'm going 2 try and be ready 2 TX2K12, getn my racecar back out again 2 and got a few things I need 4 the big motor yet 4 my GT as I would like 2 get that done 2. Gonna be a long winter lol

Get some video of this thing in action!

Users who are viewing this thread