13-14 GT500 power seat wiring question

Snoopy49

Established Member
Smart Junction Box - Located behind the RH A-pillar lower trim panel.

Attachments

• 2013-14 Mustang Smart Junction Box.jpg
    2013-14 Mustang Smart Junction Box.jpg
    312.3 KB · Views: 578

the5

Established Member
I swapped both My Driver and Passenger Powered Seats for Recaros.
The Driver worked fine but the Passenger Did not work at all.

I would assume it would be the Same for GT500

Snoopy49

Established Member
I swapped both My Driver and Passenger Powered Seats for Recaros.
The Driver worked fine but the Passenger Did not work at all.

I would assume it would be the Same for GT500

The GT500 doesn't have a powered passenger seat, so hopefully there won't be a problem.

THR

Established Member
Well good news! I just did this.... Everything swapped over easy as could be! Just unbolt the seat, swap, re-install and you're done! Power seat worked on the car that had the recaros, no fuse addition, no wiring, etc. And the recaros worked perfectly in the car that had the normal power seats. Better yet, NO AIRBAG LIGHTS!

Easiest swap ever!

TORQJNKY

Well good news! I just did this.... Everything swapped over easy as could be! Just unbolt the seat, swap, re-install and you're done! Power seat worked on the car that had the recaros, no fuse addition, no wiring, etc. And the recaros worked perfectly in the car that had the normal power seats. Better yet, NO AIRBAG LIGHTS!

Easiest swap ever!

Well f that ain't the truth! Thanks Snoop for all the info and THR for the reassurance. The swap went flawlessly and as stated above. My beast is now full optioned.

rrod

Established Member
I have a 13 gt500 power driver. Just put in power passenger seat plugged everything in and no power. Checked fuse and the slot has the fuse in it. Rechecked all connections are tight. Only left over wires from new harness I oresumed are for heated seats which I do not have. Any ideas on what I am missing?

Will post pics Sunday when I get off work.

rrod

Established Member
Figured it out

No power to the seat. The number 1 slot (looking straight at the female connector is top right) on the female black plug under passenger seat was not there.

I harvested the pin from the old wiring harness on the manual seat and plugged it into the the female black plug. Then ran power wire along the floor harness to the fuse box and added a fused circuit to the unused #2 fuse which is always on .

Also to get the hard bolts the bottom bracket that is attached to the seat I found that unclipping and lifting the seat foam gets you direct access to all 4 bolts witn the help of a hinged ratchet I removed the bottom seat btacket in less than 5 minutes.

I took pictures but don't see the option to post them.

Now my wife can stop harrasing me to get a M5 again and can see out the car.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
I recently swapped 13 Recaros into my 07. I had the passenger seat sensor swapped over, but my driver side C311 plugs are different shapes between the 13 driver sear and body side. My airbag light has been on. My guy told me I would have to swap the seat belt receiver and corresponding harness to get these plugs to mate on the new seats. Hopefully that works.

My initial thought was I could leave the large plug under the driver side unplugged since it was replacing a power seat with a manual seat.

Screwdriver

Established Member
I'm wanting to do the same thing in my 2012. The picture above showing the two(2) connectors looks the same as mine. Does this mean I can do this in my 2012 GT500?

Users who are viewing this thread