13 years after being a member I guess I'm kind of official...

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
Picked it up Friday night. I got a bug in my ass Friday morning so I took a break from work and went and looked at a few cars. (EVO, CAMARO, MUSTANG). But deep down inside I already knew what I wanted. I was looking at a 17 Platinum White Premium PP. I liked it but the color was too similar to my WRX (I only wanted white) and they didn't meet me for the price I wanted to pay. I had them check their other dealership to see if they had any white GT with PP and they had one base with PP. Overlooking what I'd sacrifice if I went with base I wasn't too upset so pulled the trigger. Don't regret my purchase at all. I'm coming from my WRX which was pushing 342whp/348wtq.

I am in love with the lines of the S550 and can't wait to get rocking on some exterior things I want to do.

uLnurs8.jpg

uw7pudI.jpg

X3Xv35L.jpg

x7e7z70.jpg

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
White FTW! Tint, Exhaust, Drop. mandatory first 3 mods. Congrats

Ya. I have to take it back to Ford to fix a few spots on the driver side paint (tiny chips). Once I get that taken care of I am taking it to a friend who owns a tinting/vinyl business and getting it tinted/roof hit with gloss black vinyl and possible film guard on various spots. Then I was looking at getting the Corsa catback (xpipe) with black tips and the Eibach springs.

Last edited:

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
The ass end of these cars easily ranks among the best of any mustang, IMO. If it was mine, I would lower it about and inch, maybe an exhaust and let her ride.

Congrats, that is a great looking car.

SVTsupremecy

Established Member
I got the Corsa Extreme...loving it so far. Just did the Roush Heat extractors too, would look great on your white car.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
I got the Corsa Extreme...loving it so far. Just did the Roush Heat extractors too, would look great on your white car.

But I like my LED blinkers in my scoops :) Once they get played out I will probably get a set because I do like the look. I also think one of my first engine bay mods are hood struts... I don't even know why they didn't come with them.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
Wow, what made you decide to just trade in the WRX on a new S550? This is almost the exact car I'm interested in ordering except I'm going to go for a 401A equipped car. Looks really sharp though, reaffirms that I really do dig OW on the S550's.

Now you have me curious, what were you driving in 2003 when you joined?

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
Congrats on finally being legal here. :lol:

Purdy car. Let the mods begin!

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
Wow, what made you decide to just trade in the WRX on a new S550? This is almost the exact car I'm interested in ordering except I'm going to go for a 401A equipped car. Looks really sharp though, reaffirms that I really do dig OW on the S550's.

Now you have me curious, what were you driving in 2003 when you joined?
Because I've had a huge crush on the S550 since it came out. These cars are amazing with proper height and tweaks. It's one of the best looking fastbacks IMO. I got my 15 WRX back around when they hit the lot as well (6/14) but it just didn't fit my needs. Prior to the S550 the only other Mustang I really desired was the 03/04 Cobra.

I have owned nothing but Subarus. This was my 3rd WRX, 4th Subaru. I'm just ready for something with more raw power out the box. Subarus are very touchy engines and typically aren't known to last for ever in turbo form. The new FA in my last wrx was definitely proving itself. I was pushing over 400 crank. Full bolt ons and water/meth on stock turbo/block. I was at 57k miles when I traded it in Friday. I had fun building it to where it is now but I felt like I hit a wall and ready to move on to the next project. Dealing with FI cars becomes aggravating as well, tracking down boost leaks and crap. Ready for some carefree (hopefully) N/A power for a little while.

q3EvV5U.jpg

qxIVDt0.jpg

aV3VOIH.jpg

ouJd9zE.jpg

(found out my turbo compressor had 3 busted up fins while tuning this)
yg1aIV5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Congrats man looks awesome. I agree I still can't understand why Ford has not put hood struts on the Mustang yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread