13th Annual NMRA Ford Nationals at MIR May 2-4, 2014

GT500RedStripe

More Power!
Established Member
McLeod Racing SVT Stick Shift Shootout at NMRA Maryland Event

NMRA wants to find out who has the fastest manually shifted SVT Terminator or GT500 in the country and McLeod Racing has answered the call by sponsoring the first-ever SVT Stick Shift Shootout. This special race within a race will take place as part of the 2nd Annual SVT Shootout at the SCT NMRA Ford Nationals event the weekend of May 2-4, 2014, at Maryland International Raceway in Budds Creek.

The two fastest manually shifted SVT race cars competing in the VMP Superchargers Terminator/GT500 Shootout class during Saturday’s qualifying will race each other heads-up (either Saturday or Sunday) for the chance to take home a custom award and a $750 McLeod Racing product certificate! The runner-up will receive a plaque and a $100 NMRA Power Mall gift certificate.

The rules are simple: Street-type manual transmissions only. May include race-oriented modifications such as ‘face-plated’ or ‘pro-shifted’ gears. Must be hand operated via a single shift handle. Transmissions with multiple levers or air/electronic/hydraulic actuation not permitted.

The SVT Shootout is the largest gathering of SVT cars and trucks in the U.S. competing on the ¼ mile or in the special SVT auto show. Along with the Terminator/GT500 Shootout class, SVT racers can compete in a special SVT-exclusive TREMEC True Street class, presented by Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords magazine. Lightning and Raptor competitors have their choice of SVT True Street or NMRA’s popular Detroit Locker Truck & Lightning category.

For more information on the NMRA Budds Creek, MD, event, or for True Street class rules please log on to www.NMRAdigital.com/MD or call (714) 444-2426. For Truck & Lightning or SVT True Street class rules questions please contact Gene Bergstrom at (714) 460-3813 or e-mail him at [email protected]. For Terminator / GT500 Shootout class rules or questions, please email Jim at [email protected] or call him at 636 219-2674

GT500RedStripe

More Power!
Established Member
Here's the latest from NMRA on the 2nd Annual SVT Shootout. I hope you all can make it!

2nd Annual SVT Shootout at MIR Almost Upon Us!

The 2nd Annual SVT Shootout, one of the largest gatherings of SVT race and show vehicles in the US, is almost upon us and it will take place at the SCT NMRA Ford Nationals event at Maryland International Raceway in Budds Creek, Maryland, the weekend of May 2-4, 2014. Along with all the cars & all the stars of NMRA racing, fans will witness the best in SVT performance as some of the fastest factory build hot rods and trucks on the planet compete in the SVT Shootout! From drag racing to car show…this event has it all!

The SVT Shootout features three drag race classes dedicated to SVT owners: TREMEC SVT True Street Presented by Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords, VMP Superchargers Terminator / GT500 Shootout, and Detroit Locker Truck & Lightning. SVT True Street will feature SVT cars and trucks of all levels competing for 9 separate awards and the chance to have your photo in Muscle Mustangs! Racers in SVT True Street on Saturday will receive a free entry into Sunday's Bracket 3 class. The Terminator / GT500 Shootout class is aways off the hook as the fastest Cobras and GT500's race heads-up to be shootout champion. Finally, NMRA's Truck & Lightning class pits some of the fastest SVT Lightnings in the US against each other for serious bragging rights.

For SVT car show participants, the SVT Shootout has classes for all SVT cars and trucks and awards will be given away both days - Saturday & Sunday. Last year the UPR Products NMRA All-Ford Car Show was huge as a sea of colors representing the best in late-model performance was on display for NMRA's mid-Atlantic fans. Editors from Muscle Mustangs and 5.0 Mustang & Super Fords will be searching the NMRA car show for their next magazine features.

For more information on NMRA's 2nd Annual SVT Shootout please log on to www.NMRAdigital.com/SVT or call 714-444-2426.

GT500RedStripe

More Power!
Established Member
Charles,

Thanks for coming out on behalf of MACA to capture the action! It's great to have a photographer with your proven skills.

I am arranging a press pass for Charles to get up close. Racers need to communicate with Charles before you go up to make a pass if you need pictures.

Ben

04yellowcobra

Established Member
Charles, I will be the red (with black moldings) 4 eye coupe in coyote stock. Any and all pictures would be appreciated!

Thanks

svt4me38

BOWENZMOTORSPORTS.COM
Established Member
Charles,

Thanks for coming out on behalf of MACA to capture the action! It's great to have a photographer with your proven skills.

I am arranging a press pass for Charles to get up close. Racers need to communicate with Charles before you go up to make a pass if you need pictures.

Ben

That's great! 4 days and counting!

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
Damn. No rooms left at that hotel. :(. Any idea if there is a hotel near that one? I'll google. I was thinking of coming down Friday night to hang.

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
Looks like I'll just come up Saturday morning. No hotels close. Let me know what time you guys plan to get to the track and I'll leave the house accordingly.

Users who are viewing this thread