17" Racestars mounted(Vid)

slynch68

Established Member
I finally had some time to mount the wheels and go racing. Only a 1/8th mile track as I'm trying to get my launch right and this 2nd gear grind is getting old in a hurry. 2011 GT500 getting it from a 5.0 auto on N20

[youtube_browser]03tL8pwsbRE[/youtube_browser]

rs8.jpg

rs3.jpg

rs7.jpg

rs6.jpg

rs4.jpg

rs5.jpg

Daffy

My cars own me.
Established Member
Nice! Nothing better than when something looks as good as it works.

That giggling 5.0 sure goes. Just gotta love mustangs, a dozen ways to make 'em fly.

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Cant stop laughing at about the 30 sec. mark.
Scared the guy a little!

slynch68

Established Member
That 5.0 just has a CAI, tune and N20 and has went 11.1's.

The tires are 185/55r17's front and 295/45/r17's MT's Rear

Last edited:

Proto

EpicProto
Established Member
Ahh, why 17"s out back?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slynch68

Established Member
That was a serious grind in that vid. Line loc is at the house awaiting for install. Short shifting doesn't work. I can get 1 out of 10 shifts at 5K+ to get into 2nd. I'll take it to ford to fix it while its somewhat stock before a blower swap.

I had 15's out back before and found a good deal on these used. Plus i'm going to get some larger brakes for the rear so the car looks better with the stock wheels on.

I know MGW is a must and its coming soon. I want to do a CF driveshaft at the same time to take the shock out of the driveline. But if figure I might have Ford go through the transmission and possibly a new clutch before install.

GTOGreg

Crazy Sum-B
Established Member
Some things that have helped me with the 1-2 on my '12:

1.) Had Ford go through the trans after they verified the issue (before any mods)
2.) Changed fluid to Mobil 1 synthetic ATF
3.) Installed a MGW shifter

With all this, I went from hitting 1/10 like you, to about 9.5/10. Even if I hit it now, it is just barely. With a bit more mileage and break-in (though I have 2,500 on it already), I'm hoping I can pretty much count on hitting them all the time, every time.

I put the WOTBox in too. I'm sure that will help with DRs at the strip, but it is useless for the 1-2 on street tires. Though they all incrementally helped, that Mobil 1 made just about the biggest difference...it's the cheapest thing you can do too (don't do it before getting the issue checked by Ford).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread