17 x 10.5 which lug nuts

kencobra

Face Down In Cabo
Established Member
Just received my 17 x 10.5 03 cobra replicas from UPS. Can I use my stock lug nuts or do I need something different ?

Just a side note. When I got home today I found that the UPS guy/ gal had left my new rims by my front gate with only my trash cans somewhat hiding them. I'm like wtf, anyone could have come and took them and I wouldn't even had known they had been delivered, scary.

kencobra

Face Down In Cabo
Established Member
By the way I am in the market for two 17 x 9 03 cobra chromies. I really want to buy from someone local but would consider having them shipped to me.

hmwave

Established Member
Originally posted by kencobra
Just received my 17 x 10.5 03 cobra replicas from UPS. Can I use my stock lug nuts or do I need something different ?

Just a side note. When I got home today I found that the UPS guy/ gal had left my new rims by my front gate with only my trash cans somewhat hiding them. I'm like wtf, anyone could have come and took them and I wouldn't even had known they had been delivered, scary.

You need Steeda extended studs, or AFS extended tip lug nuts.

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
You can use stock lugnuts with AFS 10.5" wheels.

You don't need to change your wheel studs UNLESS you are using a wheel spacer thicker than 1/4". (I don't know what tires you plan on using on those 10.5" wheels, but there's a decent chance you will need wheel spacers.)

If you do end up using wheel spacers, spend the extra few bucks and get extended reach lugnuts for an extra margin of safety.

-Greg

Fang

Established Member
I may have some 9"ers available shortly. Where did you get the 10.5" and are they chromies? I plan on replacing the rears only on mine to the 10.5's. Let me know.

kencobra

Face Down In Cabo
Established Member
I bought them off Ebay they are chromies and they came with Nitto 315 / 35's. They were bought by original owner thru Discount tire so do you think that the original lug nuts will work?

kencobra

Face Down In Cabo
Established Member
Fang,
If I can't find a good deal locally I will keep you in mind . Thanks all.

Steel City

Banned
you can retain the factory lugnuts and lock. there is no need for anything else, you would just be wasting your money. i have had this exact setup on 2 different mustangs already without issues. not sure about spacers if you have an irs, both my setups had solid axles

Last edited:

hmwave

Established Member
Originally posted by 03redfiresnake
just shave the irs bolt, orig. lug nuts will work

That could be true with Nitto's.

With GS-D3's I needed a spacer so went with the AFS extended tip.
Whatever you use each lug nut MUST have 12 full thread turns or more to be safe torqued up to 95lb/ft. That's what I've heard is the minimum needed.
Fewer threads and you are chancing it.

Users who are viewing this thread