18" '03 Cobra Wheels??

03RedCobra

Established Member
I believe those look Exactly like the stock wheels, but just with a different center cap. I think the person that is selling this set of rims is a place that sells slightly imperfect wheels. There posting name is "cleanin out the garage". I've seen them post quite a few different sets of rims on e-bay, with every set saying that there is somewhat of a minor imperfection on the wheels. Sometimes those "minor imperfections" can turn out to be something "major" instead. Just don't know about buying wheels off of E-bay.

I know that AFS sells the same set of wheels every now and then on e-bay, and I've heard quite a few good things about them.

I've been thinking about upgrading to 18 inch wheels, as well as some 10.5 inch rims for the back. I'm just not sure I want to get into "grinding down" the IRS bolt that everyone talks about doing.

EatonMe

I've got 2 18x9 and 2 18x10.5 AFS '03 replica's brand new in box just like those downstairs in our garage. They look great - exactly like real '03 wheels, but larger.

Plenty of people on here have them/use them.

JaysGreenLX

"Ugh Jerks"
Established Member
Yes they are pretty much exactly like the stockers except a different cap and 1 inch larger.

I think that 94+ Mustangs look their best with 18's

03RedCobra

Established Member
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but, the link that you are using does not link to a set of wheels that are being sold by AFS. The person selling these use the name "cleanin out the garage". Well, are the replica rims MADE by AFS and also sold by AFS, and sold by other dealers as well ?? or is AFS just the name of a company that sells wheels, not neccessarily making them ??

I have seen these sets of rims being sold by AFS as well on e-bay, and they said that they were BRAND NEW. This post, like other posts by "cleanin out the garage", states that the wheels have imperfections on them. This makes me question the integrity of the wheel as well, besides just the cosmetic deficiency.

Has anyone here bought something on e-bay from this seller with the name "cleanin out the garage" ???

JaysGreenLX

"Ugh Jerks"
Established Member
Yeah I am not sure if those are AFS brand. I confused these with the 50 other AFS wheels I was looking at before. This guy "cleaning out the garage" sells nothing but wheels and all of them have imperfections.

I wonder if he just picks up wheels with cosmetic defects from relica wheel makers (like AFS) and sells them for cheap.

Actually that looks like exactly what he does. He has a set of red 03 Cobra rims for sale with slight imperfections. Or maybe AFS just uses a different name to sell its "scratch and dent" merchandise.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread