1971 Maverick 2dr with 351C

urban.mystic

I drive my car
Established Member
This car was a garage kept daily driver with it's original inline 6 until 2004 when it's current engine was shoehorned in between the shock towers. It was built and broken in, then stuffed back into the garage.

Starting with a very clean and virtually rust free 71 2 door Maverick with a little over 86k miles under it, this car has got to be the craziest car I've ever had my hands on.

Fitted with an 8" rear end, C4 automatic transmission and front disc brakes, it would have made a suitable candidate for a 302 swap. But where a 302 is sufficient, a 351C will certainly be better!

Said 351 is a Cobra Jet motor equipped with 2V heads for street use. 9.5-10:1 compression, Lunati Bracket Master II camshaft, Edelbrock intake with dominator style carburetor and full length headers with header mufflers. Ignition consists of a Duraspark II distributor, MSD 6AL box and a Mallory Promaster coil. Locked into the car on solid motor mounts. Shock towers have been clearanced to fit this engine into the car. Running an Optima red top battery and a high torque gear reduction mini starter.

Engine is cold blooded, as it has no choke and makes precious little vacuum but runs strong and remarkably smooth especially when you hear the noise exiting the pipes.

About half the car is original paint, vinyl top is original.

All interior is original. BLACK and ordered with deluxe upholstery.
Factory bucket seat car, factory floor shift. Both very uncommon options in a Maverick.

Driver door currently on the car is the wrong year and window mechanism is broken. Correct year door with good internal parts included. All 4 chrome smoothies are included, one's just in the trunk as the spare is on the car right now.

Can be driven around the neighborhood to get an idea of what you're dealing with, but not quite street ready.

Asking $6,500
email [email protected] or call 206-326-0434

71 Maverick pictures by urban_mystic - Photobucket

DSC04775.gif

DSC04761.gif

Users who are viewing this thread