1993 cobra r in wrapper

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
I had the privelige of chatting with Neil Ressler this past september. He and his team bought 107 sets of front brakes (some spares, warranty etc), more or less at "retail", so when more cars HAD to be built, 107 was all they could do, as that was all the brakes they had.

There are 2 93R's on Auto trader, not as low miles, $52k (4800 miles), and one is $75k (325 miles). Of course an asking price can be VERY different from a selling price.

Dealer962

Established Member
I think your car is worth $85-$95,000 What I tell people is "Go find another one" and chances are they probably wont.

brianz426

Established Member
Wondering what the going price would be on my 93 cobra r in wrapper with 86 original miles? Still with grease pencil, etc, etc. Right off assembly plant floor.
Thanks.

Do you really want to sell or are you just "curious"? The reason I ask is because if you don't have to sell, now is surely not the time. In this economy $85k-95k is unrealistic, however in 2-5 years it could be right on the money.

T/Bone

Established Member
Not sure on pricing but I do know out of all the R models offered, the 93's had the UGLIEST wheels, hands down :rollseyes

grape

Established Member
It appears that there is some mis-information about the 101-107's not having the convert. rocker area for convert. X-brace attachment. If your #103 has a convert. X-brace in place, and attached at the right and left rocker, it has the same convert. set up as #001-100.

There was/is also mis-information that the 95R got the 94/95 Mustang convert. X-brace, it did not.

R

if you look at the sill plate on the lawsuit cars, the extra width is not there, they also do not require vert carpet because of this. The x braces mount to the plates which connect the subframe to the 1/8" angle that was attatched to all verts along the pinch weld where the rocker meets the floor pan. On all verts this angle piece runs the length of the rocker pinch weld and is riveted, on the R's it was welded in a 2" on and off pattern.The piece missing on the lawsuit cars is only visible if you pull the carpet back from the door.

this is why the lawsuit cars are roughly 30 pounds lighter than the other r's

Last edited:

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
if you look at the sill plate on the lawsuit cars, the extra width is not there, they also do not require vert carpet because of this. The x braces mount to the plates which connect the subframe to the 1/8" angle that was attatched to all verts along the pinch weld where the rocker meets the floor pan. On all verts this angle piece runs the length of the rocker pinch weld and is riveted, on the R's it was welded in a 2" on and off pattern.The piece missing on the lawsuit cars is only visible if you pull the carpet back from the door.

this is why the lawsuit cars are roughly 30 pounds lighter than the other r's

So some of the convert. items were installed on the 101-107's but not all of the unique items on these "after the fact" 93R's. The -30lbs would be a plus. Is there a drawback to not having the full convert, treatment/mods on the 101-107? Structural stiffness, etc.?

R

grape

Established Member
So some of the convert. items were installed on the 101-107's but not all of the unique items on these "after the fact" 93R's. The -30lbs would be a plus. Is there a drawback to not having the full convert, treatment/mods on the 101-107? Structural stiffness, etc.?

R

yes, the biggest part of the vert structure is the actual rocker panel before it was married to the floor pan to build the lower tray of the car. Basically the only way to see this is to cut a rocker in half and see the cross section. This extra peice is what made the carpet different between verts and standard coupes and hatches. The car became 3" narrower between the rockers for the seating space, which also required different front seat mounts as they needed to be accordingly narrower to fit from rocker to trans tunnel. What i'm not sure of is if the lawsuit cars had the extra A post brace welded in like the verts, these are visible if you take the kick panels out. I'm assuming since those were based on a different width rocker, they were left off as well.

For the lawsuit cars, Ford said F you people, we aren't doin all that work for 7 cars haha

as far as racing goes, by the time you got a cage in one, i would assume it would be a non factor, and i would want the weight out personally.

TermNewb

Banned
I can assure you he most likely would NOT sell at $40k. :read:

he can ask for a million if he so pleases. who knows, bill gates just might have a hard on for a 93R.

if he really wants to sell it in a reasonable amount of time, 40K would be a good starting spot.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
he can ask for a million if he so pleases. who knows, bill gates just might have a hard on for a 93R.

if he really wants to sell it in a reasonable amount of time, 40K would be a good starting spot.

If I had a '93 R wrapper I would not sell it for $40k. I would not sell it for $50k. At $60k I'd have to start giving it 'some' consideration. Much depends on IF the seller would be willing to part with the car. That's the biggest factor, the seller and his motivation to sell.

These cars were selling for $80k-$85k just a few years ago. The economy has dipped considerably and that has an effect on a lot of things including rare vehicles. :read:

WillyB93

Established Member
Up for grabs on ebay is another one in the wrapper in Arizona! It has been for sale before wander what his reserve price is on that baby! Car # 57 and 467 miles

Last edited:

Dealer962

Established Member
There is no reserve.. Hopefully the car will bring reasonable money, and in turn re -setting the market standards for these cars since the downfall in this economic period. I would really be pleased if this car were to bring 70-80 money. That would be a step in the right direction for all of us as owners. I mean these cars have to be the next shelbys, GTO's, and roadrunners. Time will tell..

TFStang

Established Member
Will be interesting to see what this wrapper car brings. I know the 00R's are still in the crapper and 95's are faring pretty much the same, although the 95R's have not been doing very well for quite a while. We'll find out in 9 days.

Users who are viewing this thread