1995 Cobra R #198

Bluemaxx

Hello All!

New to the group and just purchased a '95 Cobra R with 5K miles. I was wondering if anyone had any information on it? The car is #198/250. Any information (good or bad) would be greatly appreciated. Glad to be here!

Bluemaxx

04MysticCobra

Established Member
Congrats on the Cobra R and welcome. Love that 351 motor in this R. I think my 95R was number 179 but not sure. Both of my Cobra R's are in the SVT Mustang Cobra recognition guide. I worked with the late Tom Shreiner on parts of that book and it was fun to do. Enjoy that 95R its a great Mustang Cobra.

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
Welcome to the group and Congratulations!

I don't have any info in my db on 198. How about some history and what you know about the car? It sounds like a sweet vehicle with that low mileage.

Tom

Mosbyk

Congratulations! I'm trying to find pictures of the clamps used on the radiator hoses P/N:F5ZV-8B274 & F5ZV-8B273. Were they worm gear clamps like those on the air mass tube assembly F5ZV-9R504?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I see it's white from your avatar, but when you are able to, post some pics. Exterior. Interior. Engine bay.

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
Congratulations! I'm trying to find pictures of the clamps used on the radiator hoses P/N:F5ZV-8B274 & F5ZV-8B273. Were they worm gear clamps like those on the air mass tube assembly F5ZV-9R504?
Upper and lower radiator hoses use worm gear clamps.

Tom

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
New to the group and just purchased a '95 Cobra R with 5K miles. I was wondering if anyone had any information on it? The car is #198/250. Any information (good or bad) would be greatly appreciated.
I have nothing. I have #197 that sold out of Raliegh, NC on eBay for $17.8K (no miles shown)

I have #199 that had a FS at $27.7K (1498 miles) from Morrison Motors in Concord, NC.

I added your car.
------------
All 95R cars had two buck tags on the front side of the radiator support (driver side). Maybe between the radiator and radiator support. Look for it.
-------
I had #113 that was one of two in NY. I trailered up to get it. I had it for 25 years before trading it plus cash to the Jacky Jones collection in 2019. I got a new 2019 Mustang GT350 K1868 that I'm keeping.

Bluemaxx

Hello again, Guys!

Rich here, aka "Bluemaxx". The 95R #198 is now safe & sound in it's new home in south Florida. I bought it from Morrison Motor Cars in Concord, NC and drove it home with my 16 year old son during that cool weather spell 2 weeks ago. What a blast!

This R has gone through 6 previous owners, which includes 3 dealerships and 3 individual/family owners. I am currently tracing all of the previous owners and the car's previous homes from all of the paperwork, receipts, titles and records that I received with the car. It currently has 5,732 miles on it and will be driven lightly from time to time. Everything is completely stock except for a replacement fuel cell from Glenn's Performance and a BBK Hi-Volume fuel pump and filter. There is also a replacement radiator cap (BIG mod, kind of like stickers = adds HP).

The car will be placed in our collection and will pass to the next generation way down the road. As with all of our cars, this car has a very soft spot with our family and we could not be more happy to finally have it. Below is the video that Morrison Motor Cars put together on YouTube.

Looking forward to getting to know you all better and hopefully meeting some of you. -R

Users who are viewing this thread