1995 GT Vs. 2012 ZL1

last5liter

Established Member
On my way back from lunch I come to a stop light and a pre production ZL1 camaro rolls up next to me. I look over and its a couple co-workers that took one of the pep cars to lunch. They give me the nod that they want to run em.

Light turns green and I took my car up through 3rd before letting off.

I pulled about a car length on the camaro!

We got back to work and the guys were like man your cars pretty damn quick :beer:

All in all the new ZL1 is a serious car, but I dont think they were expecting the outcome they got racing a 95 mustang gt with over 200k on the lower end :thumbsup:

last5liter

Established Member
stock 302 lower end:
AFR 165's
Crane 2031 cam
ported cobra intake
full exhaust
T-56 conversion with 3.73 gears and 275/40/17 nitto NT05-r's
and a ZEX 125 wet kit

JS01SNAKE

Established Member
Nice. glad to see you take him down. I havent seen any ZL1's yet, im from the metro detroit area also.

last5liter

Established Member
for the record I did run a 12.22 at lapeer this spring, so its not out of the question this outcome on the street with 2 riders in the ZL1 is legit.

last5liter

Established Member
couple shots of the mustang in question....

current.jpg

20110527161144.jpg

last5liter

Established Member
i mounted them to my factory 95 seat tracks, so not exactly a direct bolt up. But as they stand now they bolt in and out of the car very simply.

fit is perfect. i did restore the interior to match the color of the seats with a black/dark charcoal two tone scheme.

very nice interior upgrade for sure.

although im on the fence about selling the car along with my 07 wrangler to purchase a 2012 gt 5.0.......

Users who are viewing this thread