1995 GT vs ZL1

last5liter

Established Member
Found another ZL1 last night. Previously had raced a pre-production unit that some co-workers took out for lunch a while back and managed to put a car length on them.

This one was a full on production unit. Black with black wheels and interior, very menacing.

Several runs from various speeds and the outcome was about the same, just about a car length from the hit then held him off the rest of the way. Gentleman was very cool and gracious gave me a big thumbs up. Started telling me how he also had a laguna seca boss and also liked mustangs too. Then he asked who built my motor... I laughed and said...um I did. Didn't have the heart to tell him the short block was stock and had over 200k on it (its a bolt on GT with spray)... :kaboom:

So at this point I'm fairly confident I need not worry to much about these amazing GM ZL1's as long as I have juice in the tank, once there modified that might be a different story :-D

Looking forward to meeting up with a 2013 Shelby, I will gladly allow him to show me his taillights! :D

:beer:

last5liter

Established Member
hate to see what will happen after I retire the stock short block for a new 363 boss block engine.....can you say 500hp on motor alone... :)

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
where are you finding all these ZL1's at? I drive my 12' everyday and have only seen 2 :(

last5liter

Established Member
1st one was a pre-production vehicle located at TRW @ 26mile in Washing twp.
2nd one was on Woodward near Birmingham around 8:30pm....lol

Proto

EpicProto
Established Member
200k, on juice, and still ticking!! Rock on brotha! BTW, a 408 would be my drug of choice

last5liter

Established Member
Nice kill! Damn those 5.0 pushrods hold up well. Good to see them still taking down camaros lol.

Might need to send a letter to mobil1. Since I've been running it since 10k miles.

truthfully I realize I'm on borrowed time. I just hope it stays together long enough to save for the new combo, that way I don't have any down time from summer cruises. I mean my wranglers fun, just slooow as hell...lol

Users who are viewing this thread