1998 SVTC Brake problems.

T0RCH3D

Established Member
I am changing the rotors, pads, and calipers on the front driver and passenger side. Everything buttoned up fine then I went to start bleeding the lines. Started passenger side, everything good. Driver side, no fluid was coming out of the line. I noticed when I removed the line front the caliper not much fluid if any came out while on the other side was like Niagra Falls when comparing the two. I started troubleshooting and eliminated the rubber line as well as check the fitting at the caliper, all clear. Is this bad ABS module/HCU? If so, where to buy the part? Other than that thinkin if I can bypass and run w/o ABS. Going to see if rear driver side line gets fluid, if it doesn't I am thinking it is the module as I read that the module has two circuits split into driver and passenger side.

Thanks in advance.

Wildman113

Established Member
Trace the line back to the HCU and then un-screw the fitting from the HCU block. Then, press the brake pedal. If no fluid comes out, then the HCU isolation valve is stuck, preventing fluid from flowing to the caliper.

Sometimes the valves can be dislodged by cycling the HCU using a scan tool, but more often than not the HCU is failed and must be replaced.

Users who are viewing this thread