2.2 KB Cobra vs 08 LS3 Corvette

jaredz28

Established Member
i dont buy cam only im sorry...my ported eaton put 2-3 cars on c65 z06's and that kb car hits hard all the way through and chad95 isnt a bad driver at all so u cant play the driver mod car...looks like the zyborg red z06 guy claiming intake exhaust only beating twin screw cars

Maybe you raced a turd? Or the guy couldn't drive it?

Zentenk

Established Member
Thanks for the props guys! Im the owner of the vette, here's the mod list if any are curious.

2008 ls3 m6 corvette
Race weight is 3320 full weight
Kooks 1 7/8 longtubes
Kooks 3 inch x pipe
Slp exhaust
Callaway honker CAI
LG motorsports G6x3 cam kit
McLeod twin disc clutch
345/30/19 NT05r tires

Good runs Chad! Was def some good racing!

Do you have WOT box?

BigBeez03

MASH PAST >
Established Member
I thought the KB would have tookn that vette.
Me too :shrug: I raced a C6ZO6 with just an 2.8 upper pulley/CAI/CB Eaton and we were side by side after several runs. The Vette couldn't beat me and I couldn't beat him, however we never raced from a dig.

mrlrd1

Established Member
18in Hoosiers just wont hook 660 hp on the street...

The hell they won't. If you can't hook on a Hoosier DR at that power level it's either raining or the driver just plain sucks.

Last edited:

SVTullio

Typical Vette Driver
Established Member
Me too :shrug: I raced a C6ZO6 with just an 2.8 upper pulley/CAI/CB Eaton and we were side by side after several runs. The Vette couldn't beat me and I couldn't beat him, however we never raced from a dig.

You have to realize that the vette in this video is faster than a C6Z.

corysmach1

Established Member
Thanks for the props guys! Im the owner of the vette, here's the mod list if any are curious.

2008 ls3 m6 corvette
Race weight is 3320 full weight
Kooks 1 7/8 longtubes
Kooks 3 inch x pipe
Slp exhaust
Callaway honker CAI
LG motorsports G6x3 cam kit
McLeod twin disc clutch
345/30/19 NT05r tires

Good runs Chad! Was def some good racing!

Dyno numbers please?

Chad- Whats your car make? Also get your shifting issues fixed and this races will be very close....for imstance I had some shifting issues when i got my cobra. I did a clutch and a pprv delete and picked up .4 and 4 mph that is no lie. the car was way faster on the street also. You would be suprised by how much faster the car is when it stays in boost from 40-130. BTW- I am sure you know this but a 50 roll is much better for you.

SVTullio

Typical Vette Driver
Established Member
Dyno numbers please?

Chad- Whats your car make? Also get your shifting issues fixed and this races will be very close....for imstance I had some shifting issues when i got my cobra. I did a clutch and a pprv delete and picked up .4 and 4 mph that is no lie. the car was way faster on the street also. You would be suprised by how much faster the car is when it stays in boost from 40-130. BTW- I am sure you know this but a 50 roll is much better for you.

I'm guessing he makes around 485whp, revving to 7k rpm. I dont think shifting was an issue for the cobra, the vette pulled while both were in gear. A 50mph roll would be even better for the vette, 40 is too slow for 2nd gear. The cobra has instant power from the blower, thats why he got a slight jump on the 40mph/both cars in 2nd run.

Cobra needs more power to win this race.

chad95

Established Member
The hell they won't. If you can't hook on a Hoosier DR at that power level it's either raining or the driver just plain sucks.

Oh really I guess I just blow at driving!

7f0fefb5.jpg

chad95

Established Member
You have to realize that the vette in this video is faster than a C6Z.

Yep!

Dyno numbers please?

My car makes 660rwhp at 19psi on race gas! My car has spec stage 3+ clutch doesn't have the pprv delete tho!

The ls3 should make around 480-490 Rwhp and the driver is top notch i can about bet he would yank the doors off these so call pullied cobras running with c6z06 He has me by 600lbs or so on weight!

Cobra need to go on weight watchers!

corysmach1

Established Member
Yep!

My car makes 660rwhp at 19psi on race gas! My car has spec stage 3+ clutch doesn't have the pprv delete tho!

The ls3 should make around 480-490 Rwhp and the driver is top notch i can about bet he would yank the doors off these so call pullied cobras running with c6z06 He has me by 600lbs or so on weight!

Cobra need to go on weight watchers!

Were you on race gas? So the vette has never been to a dyno? Yes he does have you by 500 pounds or so. 180rwhp is a lot, it should cover 500 pounds. I am curious of the vettes power as my buddies C6 made 537rwhp Na it did have a big cam and a fast intake. Your cobra should be trapping in the 135 range. Track and street is completely different I know. Aweosme video man.

chad95

Established Member
Were you on race gas? So the vette has never been to a dyno? Yes he does have you by 500 pounds or so. 180rwhp is a lot, it should cover 500 pounds. I am curious of the vettes power as my buddies C6 made 537rwhp Na it did have a big cam and a fast intake. Your cobra should be trapping in the 135 range. Track and street is completely different I know. Aweosme video man.

Yes I was. No it hasnt. Here another vid of it [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKCs9J8aSPw&feature=channel_video_title"]YouTube - ‪MagnaCharged LS2 C6 vs Cam-Only LS3 C6 60roll‬‏[/nomedia] .

Im not sure what it will trap but my car outran a 2.6 Kb cobra that made 630rwhp and trapped 132 when I was on pump gas and made 604rwhp

04cobra13

Established Member
power to weight owns, especially if the vette has driver mod which he does!!! Same outcome with me with a whipple and ls3 vette with bolt ons..

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
This vette is maybe at best a 130 mph... if you outran a cobra that trapped 132 (the way he ran it is also the same as when you raced him assuming) you would not be getting pulled in any gear unless you were spinning. Considering you have no track times yourself it's hard to really say what's up except this vette is faster than your car but it's hard to believe considering your mods, his mods and who you have beaten already. Did you race previously during the winter? As i'd imagine right now the 2.2 is pissed to hell and back and my friends 2.2 would pull the shit out of timing in 3rd and 4th due to the heat. I think your car should be the faster of the two and i'm having a hard time understand how exactly you lost form a roll while both were in gear... other than the fact of what I used to do with my turbo cobra when I wanted to bait race someone for money... could be you wanted to lose... anyone in particular that would be watching this and wanting to throw some cash down immediately haha.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread