2.2 kb??

spincobra03

Established Member
Im looking at purchasing a car with the KB 2.2 without the catch can. Im guessing it's the newer version because it doesnt have the catch can. Can anyone tell me how it compares to the old style 2.2? Does the new one sound anywhere close to the old one? Pros/cons to this style? Also I think this car is running at 19lbs of boost. To me thats a little high for my liking. My plans for the car is a DD with some streetability, I think 17lbs would be safer and less stress on the motor. Any thoughts?

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
Im looking at purchasing a car with the KB 2.2 without the catch can. Im guessing it's the newer version because it doesnt have the catch can. Can anyone tell me how it compares to the old style 2.2? Does the new one sound anywhere close to the old one? Pros/cons to this style?

I have the old style and I don't have any personal experience with the new style so I can't provide any input there unfortunately.

Also I think this car is running at 19lbs of boost. To me thats a little high for my liking. My plans for the car is a DD with some streetability, I think 17lbs would be safer and less stress on the motor. Any thoughts?

If you're concerned about a safe setup, you'd definitely be better off with running 17psi. I've personally run 19psi on 93 octane for years without any issues, but the potential for engine trouble is certainly there at 19psi on pump gas, particularly if you're tune is off.

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Yes the new one sounds just like the older one with the catchcan...the rotors are the same, hence why the 2.2 screams so loud...
Here's a quick vid of car
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aZb42ayPco"]YouTube- KB 2.2 03 Cobra Dyno[/ame]

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread