2.3 TVS Cobra vs D1SC Z28 Camaro VID!!!

93stang5.0

Established Member
Had a run against a pretty nasty D1 Camaro awhile back. His car was on low boost 8lbs I believe, thing sounded nasty with the D1. Cobra is a 2.3 tvs, 18lbs, e85, bolt-ons both runs are from a 40 roll... Enjoy!!!

http://youtu.be/smkWQdBaAhQ

SSilver2k

Established Member
8lbs on the D1SC? What a waste of a blower. Centrifugals blowers always being held back by the stock mighty LS1. Good kill.

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
8psi with a D1SC is around 520-540rwhp with heads, cam etc...through a manual. Even less through a built auto. Nice kill regardless.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Even when he got the jump on the 2nd race, you still pulled by him pretty easily.

We needed a second camera facing backwards.

Nice runs Sid! :thumbsup:

19935.slow

Established Member
Could have been on 2lbs, it still make a healthy 580 hp, and even though that is just another measure we can assume its a healthy combo on such low boost. The cobra just sounds like it runs proper for the power its at. Good kill op, car sounds pissed off in the video.

matt87

Established Member
ya that d1 can make lots of power. i had one on my stock block 01 cobra and even with the biggest pulley we could fit on it(had to notch valve cover) it still made 8 psi and made close to 500 rwhp

93stang5.0

Established Member
Thanks for all the kind words. I didn't know what the outcome was going to be. If I remember correctly its a 98 or so car and those year Ls motors like to let go, reason for the low boost. This is the Camaro owners slowest car I believe he has a couple of Vette's that would destroy me. This was actually back in July. lol

Even when he got the jump on the 2nd race, you still pulled by him pretty easily.

We needed a second camera facing backwards.

Nice runs Sid! :thumbsup:

I got you covered Kevin. In car vids from the Camaro, we had three wide on the second pull with a 6.0 TT Chevelle.

40 Roll 1
http://youtu.be/LPxkqxohy7w

40 Roll 2
http://youtu.be/rP63TZQc2D4

Last edited:

ArmedSuspect

destroy everything
Established Member
Thanks for all the kind words. I didn't know what the outcome was going to be. If I remember correctly its a 98 or so car and those year Ls motors like to let go, reason for the low boost. This is the Camaro owners slowest car I believe he has a couple of Vette's that would destroy me. This was actually back in July. lol

I got you covered Kevin. In car vids from the Camaro, we had three wide on the second pull with a 6.0 TT Chevelle.

damn, that Chevelle was getting down!

Users who are viewing this thread