2.8 & 3.3 tvs

D-MANN

Established Member
I went to eatons website and noticed it has a 2.8 & 3.3 prototype in development. My first time on their site so not sure if this is old news or not. Do you think we will get a bigger tvs for our cars anytime soon?Is there secretly a bigger tvs being tested for our cars now haha.

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
Old old information on the Eaton site. They made a 3.3 prototype rotor pack but it never went to production in 2008.
Eaton only makes products for OEM applications. If/when an OEM application requires a larger TVS then we would be able to get them.
Currently there is nothing on the horizon.

Last edited:

D-MANN

Established Member
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452542691.127608.jpg

This is what I was looking at. The 2.3 makes great power but man I would love to see what a 2.8 or 3.3 could do on our terminators. I guess we will be dreaming for awhile longer if not forever on that :(

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
I agree with you a 100%. The VMP TVS 2.3 already owns the small blower market. With a bigger unit we would surely put a serious huge dent in the bigger guys.
We have extremely close ties with Ford and Roush. The rumor mill even turns there.
If/when they are available we will know about it. I wouldn't hold my breath though.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Less and less newer products will probably get made for our cars unfortunately. I'd buy one though! The market would be full of 2.3 tvs lol.

94slowbra1

Established Member
while it would be a great blower it would be a much smaller market. the reason the 2.3 (both tvs and whipple) are so popular is they basically bolt on. sure you need a few upgrades but they are minimal. if bigger were better and just as easy then everybody would be running 3.4 and 4.0 whipples. but they dont do well on lightly modded cars and are a waste for most people. the 2.3 tvs is in my opinion the perfect street blower

D-MANN

Established Member
Yes that thought of less products for us has crossed my mind too. It was bound to happen. If this ever did happen though I would be buying one the second they became available. I wouldn't even wait to sell my current tvs haha. These Cobras are getting more miles and as people rebuild them chances are they will upgrading components to build a even stronger engine. Upgrading to a bigger blower usually happens at that point so there is a market for a bigger tvs. That would put a hurt on any other manufacturer offering bigger blowers for our cars.

Users who are viewing this thread