2.9L whipple finally got tuned today

Co-brat

FNG
Established Member
First I gotta give props to Eric Brooks @ Brookspeed Tuning for tuning the car and getting it dialed in. The car flat out rips and it idles and drives around town like a dream to boot.

So i did the whipple install last winter and have had it done since February but life got in the way a little and i hadnt been able to get this thing to the dyno until today.

629 RWHP / 550 Ft Lbs

Mods are:
2.9L Whipple standard inlet / stock 3.5" pulley
Billetflow SBTB
Lethal budget return fuel system
JLT High boost intake
O/R x-pipe
Stainless 2.5" Catback
18* timing
About 18 psi average (you be the judge)
92 pump gas

E4588225-4E85-4C44-83E9-4DC8BEA0AA09-1318-000000FC2E85B4B9_zps6e36db2b.jpg

I do have a meth kit installed and we did try one pull on the meth but it was too rich and we actually lost power. Eric put 20* timing in but did not pull out any fuel so thats why it was so rich. After talking with Eric I think i might ditch the meth kit and im going to try to run some Torco instead and see what happens. I only did one pull with the meth because i simply ran out of time and we had to shut it down for the day.

Heres the meth run

4706B96A-E934-4ACA-B033-0C928338F39B-1318-00000105165293EC_zps90777342.jpg

Last edited:

Co-brat

FNG
Established Member
Thanks, the car is still on stock manifolds so headers will help and there is more power in this combo i just need more time on the dyno

Co-brat

FNG
Established Member
Kingcobra i still have to tune for spraying meth, its installed i just ran out of time on the dyno so we couldn't get to it. I may try a torco tune as well and see how that fares.

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
Was it dyno tuned or mail order, logging & revise?

Good results.
I would call it 20 psi.

Co-brat

FNG
Established Member
This was all done via email tunes with the WOT done on the dyno- datalog, email, revise tune, etc. etc. I would actually like to say that i am even more pleased with the way the car runs around town on top of how much power it makes. The car has NEVER ran better than it does now after Eric perfected the idle and driveability. The idle is rock solid and steady and does not flucuate even the slightest bit and the RPMs come up nice and smooth throughout the entire range. Id say it runs better than when it was factory stock even.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread