(2) Lund Custom Tunes And Still......

Para81

Established Member
Interesting thread.

Honestly I don't know why anyone would want to modify a 2013 Shelby GT500 - you have everything that the 07-12 Shelby guys do to their cars and then some right out of the factory. Leave that one stock it's good to go.

Same with the Boss 302 - take out the baffles add the Track Key and DONE.

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Interesting thread.

Honestly I don't know why anyone would want to modify a 2013 Shelby GT500 - you have everything that the 07-12 Shelby guys do to their cars and then some right out of the factory. Leave that one stock it's good to go.

It's pretty simple.. Most of us are addicts and don't settle for stock. All we want is MORE!! That's why places like SVTperformance exist and companies like mine stay in business. :beer:

Para81

Established Member
Oh no I get it. I'm an addict myself, my 08 Shelby has all the mods to show that. My point is the 13 is pretty much a fully modded Shelby right out of the factory. I think messing with it just screws it all up.

Quick96Mystic

Mystiiiiic wowww
Established Member
Interesting thread.

Honestly, it's because after a few of times going WOT, stock starts feeling slow. Then you add some mods, that sparks your interest then you get the itch to keep modding and it turns into a never ending cycle of throwing money at mods :beer:

Franz

Speed Freak
Established Member
Honestly, it's because after a few of times going WOT, stock starts feeling slow. Then you add some mods, that sparks your interest then you get the itch to keep modding and it turns into a never ending cycle of throwing money at mods :beer:

There is a guy here in Phoenix who has modded his Veyron up to around 1,200 hp. If something can be modded to achieve more power, people will do it. Planes, boats, cars, motorcycles, etc... Doesn't matter. People will always think they want more. Funny part is, most of the new high-performance cars are so good they just need a driver mod! :burnout:

mullens

Established Member
Been there done the mod thing several times. It is quite thrilling to go from 500hp to 650, but when you're starting out at 662 on an already traction challenged car, the mod bug doesn't bite as hard.

Franz

Speed Freak
Established Member
Been there done the mod thing several times. It is quite thrilling to go from 500hp to 650, but when you're starting out at 662 on an already traction challenged car, the mod bug doesn't bite as hard.

+1

Spinning the tires loose at 60 mph with 700 hp is just as aggravating as it is with 600!
'

JvKintheUSA

Established Member
I have a mail order 93 octane Lund tune with zero issues so far. MAF sensor is stock, only JLT intake tube.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

ReapeR948

FOXDIE
Established Member
All this talk about power and traction -- everybody likes to jack up their power in their already overpowered cars. Maybe instead of throwing money into horses, you should invest in a more sophisticated suspension set-up and these 662 ponies will have somewhere to squat, instead of burn rubber needlessly.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
All this talk about power and traction -- everybody likes to jack up their power in their already overpowered cars. Maybe instead of throwing money into horses, you should invest in a more sophisticated suspension set-up and these 662 ponies will have somewhere to squat, instead of burn rubber needlessly.

+1. Thats why I addressed my suspension and traction first, power bump later :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread