2 part question

spincobra03

Established Member
Just purchased a silver 04 cobra (my third one) it has 36k miles and I was wondering would it be wise to move it to a full synthetic oil? Also I was hearing people talking about it being dangerous going into boost with very cold outdoor temps like 0-20 degree range? Can this be? I have never heard of anything like that until a few days ago. I would think if you give your car a full 30 minutes to warm up you would be fine... no?

srt4tocobra

Established Member
I would highly recommend running synthetic, it is very cheap insurance. Might as well run the best stuff in terminator. The only thing that I could see as being an issue with cold weather would be if the car was tuned very close to the edge, in other words a more lean tune. I am in no way an expert so let someone chime in with more experience, I see that Stiegmeier is viewing the thread, hopefully he can chime in.

mysterio

Established Member
Possibly they might have meant dangerous, in relation to cold tires? And I agree on running synth oil, it's worth the extra price.

p.s. - go Bruins, and all the other Boston area teams ;)

spincobra03

Established Member
Possibly they might have meant dangerous, in relation to cold tires? And I agree on running synth oil, it's worth the extra price.

p.s. - go Bruins, and all the other Boston area teams ;)

ha ha yeah thanks, I love the B's but man they are playing like dogs this year.

I dont see how it would be bad as long as the oil is warm, im just not seeing how it could lean out your tune:shrug:

mrpork

Established Member
hey congrats on the cobra. hope it was every thing you wanted. guess i can stop sending you links on diffrent cars i find for sale. you should check out united stangs they have a few events during the year and a few guys up your way. tell them mrpork sent you.

spincobra03

Established Member
hey congrats on the cobra. hope it was every thing you wanted. guess i can stop sending you links on diffrent cars i find for sale. you should check out united stangs they have a few events during the year and a few guys up your way. tell them mrpork sent you.

Well I wouldnt say it was everything I wanted.. Its higher miles than I wanted 37k miles but it was a good price. I will definetly look at united stangs, Ill hit you up in the spring :beer:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Congratulations! Your 3rd Terminator, eh? Enjoy it. 37K for a 2003 Cobra isn't bad at all considering the car is 7 years old.

Speaking of low miles, there is another thread where someone is buying an '03 Cobra with only 5K on the clock. Now THAT is super low!

spincobra03

Established Member
Congratulations! Your 3rd Terminator, eh? Enjoy it. 37K for a 2003 Cobra isn't bad at all considering the car is 7 years old.

Speaking of low miles, there is another thread where someone is buying an '03 Cobra with only 5K on the clock. Now THAT is super low!

Its an 04, but I have a work vehicle so I tend to only put 10k miles a year on my cars. I got it last night and I have to say outside of one tiny paint flaw, this is the nicest cobra ive ever owned. I bought an 03 in 2005 with 7k miles and the exterior wasnt in this nice of condition. It was much nicer than I ever imagend (epecially for the price)

Users who are viewing this thread