20 inch factory wheel question?

03DANNY

Time served
Established Member
I am buying an 01 f-250 crew cab diesel. I am also buying the factory 20" wheels and tires off an 05 f-250. What kind of spacers will I have to buy for these wheels to fit. Has anyone installed this year model wheels on an 01? Is the bolt pattern the same? How thick must the spacer be? If anyone has done this where can I buy the spacers and how much do they run? Any info would be greatly appreciated. I am picking up my truck Sunday and having the wheels shipped Monday so let me know asap if they will fit. Thanks in advance.

03DANNY

Time served
Established Member
That's what I thought but some people have told me that the backspacing changed
in 05 on and that the wheels will rub unless they have spacers just wanted varify that.

Z7What

Powered By Eaton
Established Member
The best thing i could say is go over to FordTruckWorld.com. There are ALOT of SD guys other there.

Wayne

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Post pics here when you get them. I like to 5 spoke 20s. When I get a Duty I'm going to order the new 10 spoke 20s.

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
I think the backspacing did change on the 05 and up trucks. There is less clearance on the 05+ trucks, from what I have heard. If I were you I would go over to powerstrokenation.com. Everyone over there is great and has oddles of knowledge about anything Super Duty. If I am not mistaken, there is a guy or two over there with the new style rims on their trucks as well.

01dmax6spd

Banned
the 05 wheels will rub your brake line, a guy on fordtruckworld.com had his wear through cuz of the rubbing

03DANNY

Time served
Established Member
I picked up the wheels yesterday 06 Lariat same as king ranch with a different center cap. I will be ordering 2" spacers tommorow so that I will not have any clearance issues with it. The spacers will be hubcentric and bolt on the my truck then the wheels will bolt to the spacers. Seems like a lot of legwork but I really love the factory 5 spoke 20"
wheel look on these trucks. I will post pics once it is done.

03DANNY

Time served
Established Member
Here is its current status which is changing daily

Mycars034.jpg

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
Looks great, I am also following your build over at PSN! Keep it up, I love the dual tip by the way, unique look.

Steve03SVT

Semper Fi
Established Member
the 05 wheels DO have a different offset, the 05 wheels will rub the brake lines and leafs at full lock, i believe there is about a 1" difference in the offsets, the problem with wheel spacers is they will end up putting additional stress on front end components.

Users who are viewing this thread