2001 cobra vs 560 horse c5

2001blkR

Established Member
Had a run in with a torch red c5 convertible last night. I was on my way to my local cruise spot and i when I hear a sick sounding vette at the light ahead of me. I get behind him and I can tell he wanted to play bc he gives a lil rev and I give him one back. We take a right onto a less crowded 4 lane hwy and get a red light. A guy in his 40s smiles at me and I get ready. We both don't take off hard but I get a quick nose on him and through 1st gear we're even and at the top of 2nd he got me by a car. At the next red light he smiles and says 560 horses and I yell back only 300 and give him a smile. We go again with the same results. Does this sound normal for him only to have me by a car to 70? Im thinkin either the guy can't drive or :bs: on the 560. Either way it was the sickest vette i've seen, let alone raced.

zerocool

Douchy McDoucherson
Established Member
Either A. He blows penis (I mean like absolutley terrible) at teh driving,
or B. He's full of bs

Either way good loss lol

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
LOL it was prolly a catback only car

i have seen first hand what a 550+ rwhp vette can do to my 468RWHP 01....he owned my pretty bad

Quik Z06

Established Member
Lol, yeah it was total BS on his part unless he was just spinning. A 560 hp Vette would pull away from you like you were standing still. thats almost double your hp.

Nice run regardless.

Tampa03cobra

Frivolous Lawsuiter
Established Member
2001blkR said:
Had a run in with a torch red c5 convertible last night. I was on my way to my local cruise spot and i when I hear a sick sounding vette at the light ahead of me. I get behind him and I can tell he wanted to play bc he gives a lil rev and I give him one back. We take a right onto a less crowded 4 lane hwy and get a red light. A guy in his 40s smiles at me and I get ready. We both don't take off hard but I get a quick nose on him and through 1st gear we're even and at the top of 2nd he got me by a car. At the next red light he smiles and says 560 horses and I yell back only 300 and give him a smile. We go again with the same results. Does this sound normal for him only to have me by a car to 70? Im thinkin either the guy can't drive or :bs: on the 560. Either way it was the sickest vette i've seen, let alone raced.

The only reason I may believe this is, with the relatively low speeds your talking, if he really have 560rwhp, he can't hook for piss on the street I bet. Hell our 370Rwhp z06 will blow the tires off in 2nd no problem lol.

So either traction limited, or BS

PilledV8s

Established Member
you all seem to forget that at 70mph in a C5, if it's Heads/cam, it's still in 2nd gear with 3.42 gearing. 3rd gear is where Vettes wake up and move out.

warpd

Established Member
^^^Umm yea but that would be completely irrelevent if he was really making that much power. The guy was full of shit, not really suprising I run into douchebags every day who tell me they are making xxx amount of hp and the car turns out to be basically stock. Just because someone is driving a performance oriented car doesn't mean they know shit about it. Money can't buy brains.

Users who are viewing this thread