2003 DSG Build Thread, Project: Strega

Ironhand

Banned
Still, It is great to see the build. Keep up the momentum.

Im trying too. The only issue is some of the jobs(putting engine with trans in, and dropping the tank) require more then one person to do just due to size or weight. So Ill be making some phone calls when it comes to drop it in. Maybe you can give me a hand... :beer:

supa snake23

Established Member
All I can say is I feel your pain and excitement. I wish I could have helped more for you in the beginning. I will get you some info on what I did with the alt bracket. I will pm you my phone #. It took me one entire winter to get mine together !

Mine put down 412 RWHP and 413 RWTQ with a stock eaton, stock navi heads, cams and stock exhaust. You are gonna eat up some tires !!!!!!

Hey crazydave01. Do you have any pictures of your car? Itnlooks like you have the cobra r hood. Just curious about the hood clearance with the blower

Ironhand

Banned
Nice build Ironhand. Your gonna be a pioneer with this build and the twin screw. This build seems so taboo

5.4 DOHC, 3.4 Whipple, and on E-85. I dont know of anyone that is doing this in an 03 Cobra. Safe to say that this car will make more power then I had thought.

crazydave01

New SVT Poster Child
Established Member
Hood

Hey crazydave01. Do you have any pictures of your car? Itnlooks like you have the cobra r hood. Just curious about the hood clearance with the blower

Same deal, I lowered my motor to clear the hydroboost and hood with the 5.4 also. The 00R hood has enough clearance for my setup. Here is a link....

5.6L Eaton motor install

Last edited:

MVD

Established Member
Cool project but I think you severely undersized the fuel injectors. 105# injectors are not going to allow you to make 800hp on E-85. You would need about 130# injectors for that amount of power. You might as well get the Bosch 160's and have some room to grow.

Ironhand

Banned
So do you think you could get a whipple 2.9 to fit under there?

I should have no problems fitting a 3.4 under a stock hood. So a 2.9 should fit without issue..

On a scale of 0-100, your mechanical aptitude being 100, I'm at about a 1.73...

I have some skill. lol

Cool project but I think you severely undersized the fuel injectors. 105# injectors are not going to allow you to make 800hp on E-85. You would need about 130# injectors for that amount of power. You might as well get the Bosch 160's and have some room to grow.

As far as I know 105s should be just big enough. Ive seen 80s make 750rwhp on E-85. So Im thinking 105s with a Return style fuel system should have some room left in them. If not then Ill bump the fuel pressure up.

MVD

Established Member
As far as I know 105s should be just big enough. Ive seen 80s make 750rwhp on E-85. So Im thinking 105s with a Return style fuel system should have some room left in them. If not then Ill bump the fuel pressure up.

Be careful though, the higher you "bump the fuel pressure" the less gph the pumps will flow. I assume you are going to run "big boost" with this setup so you are already going to be reducing the performance of the pumps. Those three pumps are going to be maxed out around 725rwhp on E-85 if you have the fuel pressure at 65psi (25psi boost).

IMO, fuel is something you can never have too much of. Good luck.

Ironhand

Banned
Be careful though, the higher you "bump the fuel pressure" the less gph the pumps will flow. I assume you are going to run "big boost" with this setup so you are already going to be reducing the performance of the pumps. Those three pumps are going to be maxed out around 725rwhp on E-85 if you have the fuel pressure at 65psi (25psi boost).

IMO, fuel is something you can never have too much of. Good luck.

25 psi, Im not sure Ill ever go that high. But as far as fuel is concerned no one makes a hat that will except 4 GSS342s so hopefully 3 will work for what I want to do.

SVT Pille

Established Member
Jesus christ, whole project looks sweet can't wait to see the finished product.

CobraVenom01

Established Member
Premium Member
Gonna be trying to make it out your way very soon bro. Should have a new phone by friday. By the way i finally got the call from Tampa Fire Rescue today. I start March 14th. Here i come DSG Coupe !

supa snake23

Established Member
Hey ironhand, what kind of lower intake are you using? Im think of doing this with my cobra. And am curious as to whether or not your using the gt500 lower, or using another method.

Users who are viewing this thread