2010 camero

o.z.man

Established Member
Just saw my first 2010 camaro. It was a fully loaded Yellow SS. The car is bad ass and much better looking in person. The price on it was 39,000 with a market ajustment of 20,000. As we were leaving there was a guy who was looking at it( drove up in an 08 yellow Z06) and I was told going to buy it. We followed him out to the highway and he left my wife and I so fast. We were in her Yukon. Anyone else see one yet. It is very nice.

Last edited:

o.z.man

Established Member
I know because GM is doing so well. But or salesman had talked to 5 of his customers and they all wanted it. So there is a waiting list on it.

FX4 SAPPER

Established Member
Its going to be funny when these people get dicked over on warranties like the people who bought new saleens did.

SnkBtn99

Speeding bullet!!
Established Member
I know because GM is doing so well. But or salesman had talked to 5 of his customers and they all wanted it. So there is a waiting list on it.

I hear you. Wait until GM tells them that they have to close their doors because of stupid shit like this. 40% by year end to close.

Stevenbekah

Cobra bitten
Established Member
Its going to be funny when these people get dicked over on warranties like the people who bought new saleens did.

Hey, seriously...GM is in some serious sh!t right now but they will indeed have their warranties backed.

Back on track...

So...20K over? That friends, is nuts knowing all that is going on right now...hmmm.

Question for folks that SERIOUSLY know the answer...

-When a dealership ADDS a mark up like this, does 100% of that mark up go to the dealership? Does a % go to the manufacturer? I don't know...

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
You can get a new Camaro for MSRP if you look around. You can order a new 540hp 2010 GT500 for $500 under MSRP as well.

Can't really blame the dealerships though, it's a business, of course they're going to try to squeeze as much money as they can from consumers.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
-When a dealership ADDS a mark up like this, does 100% of that mark up go to the dealership? Does a % go to the manufacturer? I don't know...

100% of the markup goes to the dealership, as well as standard profits from the difference between MSRP and invoice.

wvmystichrome

Established Member
Hey, seriously...GM is in some serious sh!t right now but they will indeed have their warranties backed.

GM is in some serious sh!t right now but they will indeed have their warranties backed.

Yeah right. I hope GM has mod friendly dealers. But with the shape GM is in you better watch and see if warranties don't get voided like they did with the 03 - 04 Cobras.

Oh and another thing. I have a buddy who works at the local dealership. He informed me Saturday night that if GM file for bankruptcy that cancels all existing contracts with the dealers. What that means is: No buying back or taking back the inventory and that goes for parts also. This means the dealer is stuck with everything on the lot and is responsible for selling and getting his money back.

-When a dealership ADDS a mark up like this, does 100% of that mark up go to the dealership? Does a % go to the manufacturer? I don't know

Dealer gets the whole amount. The car is floor planned when the dealer orders it. They know what it is going to cost them and how much interest they are going to pay per month until they pay off the car's floor plan loan. Its like when I have ever bought a car. You have to know the ratio of what the sticker says and the actual price of the car that the dealer pays for it. Then you have to figure in "Hold back", "advertising" and detailing fees they get for each car they put on their lot when it sells.

Last edited:

Hissssss

Fox body lover
Established Member
I saw a red one on the way home from work today, I'm not sure if it was an SS or not. I will stop on the way home tomorrow and take a good look, H.

Users who are viewing this thread