2010 cobra jet/pushing the limits

F8L SN8K

Established Member
For those of you living in a cave the 2010 Cobra Jet is going to be a straight up killer. With a host of options that include items like light weight brakes, 8.50 certified cage, and a many others. The big news is the 475hp option. Which nets you an alluminum block a MUCH larger Mass air meter and a Whipple. Ford Racing sent me some e-mails about the car and found some video of the car in testing.

As the drag racers in here know that the CJs are really kicking butt in the Stock and Super stock classes in the NHRA. So much that it is common place for them to be torn down almost every race to be checked for legality(always passing BTW) The cars are consistantly running in the 9.70 range(not bad for a TVS) Hopefully this will not be the straw that broke the camels back in the NHRA. I was extremely happy when Brian Wolfe was named new lead of FRPP. It gave us drag racers something to hope for and would mean that they would get serouse about racing again in all forms. Espeacially the grass roots guys.

The dodge and GM boys are extremely upset in these classes about the excisting CJ already(can't wait to see the protest on the 2010s).

It's good to be the King. Like all the Ford advertisements say

DRIVE ONE.

Here are some pics and videos..
2010 Cobra Jet Mustang hits the drag strip for a test-n-tune [w/VIDEO] — Autoblog

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVgK3dipbwg"]YouTube - 2010 Cobra Jet Mustang[/ame]

Last edited:

WA 2 FST

Established Member
Wow, Brian has come a long way, since he was an amateur Mustang drag racer back in the early, early '90s. That is very cool about him taking the lead of FRPP. Way to go, Brian, and kudos to Ford.

Amazing times for the CJ. Thanks for posting!

F8L SN8K

Established Member
Brian grew up with the sport and still owns his fox that broke some the barriers and tested many Ford Racing stuff.

Now FRPP get me my 3v intake for my race car dang it!!! I've already turned in the forms to have it approved. lol BTW thanks for not making this one out of magneisium and making it affordable. Hoping to make it to the conference during the PRI show in Florida in DEC.

Last edited:

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
hey dont foget ford started being the best at racing in the 60's both in Drag and track

burnout42

Banned
Ok, this might be a stupid question because I'm sure that the cobra jet is a lighter car then the GT500........but how the fawk can this car run in the 9's at an advertised 475hp?

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
Ok, this might be a stupid question because I'm sure that the cobra jet is a lighter car then the GT500........but how the fawk can this car run in the 9's at an advertised 475hp?
how can a GT500 5.4l with a whipple only make 475HP?

exactly.

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member

They dyno'd before they strapped the blower on duh!

lol j/k

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member

less weight + better gearing + better driver = 9's

Superfly99

Stang Freak
Established Member
Come on guys, that is what Ford rates it at. DO YOU really think that's what it is making? Ford finally took a page from GM and underrated power. It's about time!!!

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
Brian grew up with the sport and still owns his fox that broke some the barriers and tested many Ford Racing stuff.

Now FRPP get me my 3v intake for my race car dang it!!! I've already turned in the forms to have it approved. lol BTW thanks for not making this one out of magneisium and making it affordable. Hoping to make it to the conference during the PRI show in Florida in DEC.

Are you talking about that new 3v intake? From the pictures I've seen that thing looks sick! Share some info on that beast!

ferrarokid

Established Member
All the 2010's are sold ! !

how sick is it you can buy a 9 second car from the factory ! ! !

:bowdown:

F8L SN8K

Established Member
Yeah the standard TVS Cobra Jets dyno in the 620rwhp range in E-stock(stock intake, pulleys intercooler) Id expect the optioned whipple to be a solid 750rwhp. In super stock form(pulleys and custom lower intake) are making way more.

Users who are viewing this thread