2010 Shelby GT500 AIRAID 861-399 Filter BNIB

Ratchet27

Established Member
I have a brand new in box Airaid 861-399 2010 Shelby Filter. I bought this for my 2011 as it was "suppose" to fit. After several long hours on the phone with Airaid and several different filters I'm done dealing with them. They keep sending me the same filter over and over again, despite it not fitting. They just don't get it.

The box even says 2010 on it. Sorry for the rant.

$50 shipped. Not going to find it cheaper than that.

Paypal only.

08fordgt

Established Member
Y won't it fit? I thought the 10's and 12's were the same, intake wise.

Just asking.

Ratchet27

Established Member
The inside diameter of the filter is to small. The correct filter slips on in 5 seconds. I messed with the first one they sent me for 30 minutes.

Airaid Filters

Established Member
I have a brand new in box Airaid 861-399 2010 Shelby Filter. I bought this for my 2011 as it was "suppose" to fit. After several long hours on the phone with Airaid and several different filters I'm done dealing with them. They keep sending me the same filter over and over again, despite it not fitting. They just don't get it.

The box even says 2010 on it. Sorry for the rant.

$50 shipped. Not going to find it cheaper than that.

Paypal only.

Hello Ratchet27,

There are not any fitment issues with the filter. We sent you multiple different filters that we measured to spec here and tested on a GT500 airbox, that fit just fine and yet you claim it still does not fit.

You claimed it was different dimensions than the stock filter, So we also asked you for pictures showing the difference, and you refused to send them.

I am sorry if you could not get the filter to fit. We sent you out multiple different filters that we measured and test fit, but if your not willing to work with us on what is not working properly, then there is not much more on our end to do for you.

Y won't it fit? I thought the 10's and 12's were the same, intake wise.

Just asking.

Hello 08fordgt,

The 2010, 2011, & 2012 GT500 takes the exact same filter. We have literally sold hundreds of these for the 10-12 models and not had any issues.

Thanks,
David

sykb47l

On 3?
Established Member
Hello 08fordgt,

The 2010, 2011, & 2012 GT500 takes the exact same filter. We have literally sold hundreds of these for the 10-12 models and not had any issues.

Thanks,
David

I can vouch for that as my box and part numbers were the same. Fit was dead on and I also have a 2011. David was awesome to work with and my filter was installed in less than 5 minutes. Best of all he "thought" it would get to me by Thursday of the following week....I had it Tuesday. :beer:

Fitment will be tight but its a new filter and hasn't been exposed to hours of heat/driving cycles, and is made from better materials.

BUYERS: Dont be afraid to by the filter.
SELLER: Free Bump.

Ratchet27

Established Member
The fitment was more than just "tight", this filter will not fit my 11. Trust me. They sent me several filters and all of them had the same issue. Then they wanted me to take pictures and or a video of the whole process. I guess I must be lying since I just like shipping filters all around the country.

Airaid Filters

Established Member
The fitment was more than just "tight", this filter will not fit my 11. Trust me. They sent me several filters and all of them had the same issue. Then they wanted me to take pictures and or a video of the whole process. I guess I must be lying since I just like shipping filters all around the country.

Hello Ratchet27,

NO one asked for a video.

You "Claimed" the dimensions were off, so I simply asked you to take a picture of the two filters side by side so I could see what was off and you refused. The 2nd Filter sent to you was measured and test fit on a GT500 Airbox and fit perfect, and yet again you "Claimed" it did not fit and to "Trust you".

I am sorry you had problems installing the filter, but as the post stated above from another member, there are not any fitment issues with this filter.

Thanks,
David

Ratchet27

Established Member
Hello Ratchet27,

NO one asked for a video.

You "Claimed" the dimensions were off, so I simply asked you to take a picture of the two filters side by side so I could see what was off and you refused. The 2nd Filter sent to you was measured and test fit on a GT500 Airbox and fit perfect, and yet again you "Claimed" it did not fit and to "Trust you".

I am sorry you had problems installing the filter, but as the post stated above from another member, there are not any fitment issues with this filter.

Thanks,
David

So, you're telling me that I don't know how to install an air filter? You're telling me that my stock 2011 GT500 is different from every other 2011 GT500 in the country? You're telling me that the combined mechanic knowledge of 60+ years (people who were trying to install this) could not figure it out? How is it when I bought another product it went on in 5 seconds?

I do expect you to trust me. I'm the freaking customer here, but then again you already have my money. Why would I want to go through all this trouble just to lose time and money?

You can sit here and defend your product all you want, but I know the filters that were sent to me do not fit and will not fit my stock 2011 GT500.

You may have a great product, but you failed to prove it to me. I will never buy another Airaid in my life.

NuclearPower

Established Member
Fellas, if you want to cuss each other out there is a forum for that. Just leave it be here as he is trying to sell his filter.

Both points of view are valid...move on.

idhitit

Established Member
<< installed airaid filters on both my 2010 GT500 and my coworkers 2011 Gt500 loosend the clamp fit great. User error is the issue I bet.

Ratchet27

Established Member
<< installed airaid filters on both my 2010 GT500 and my coworkers 2011 Gt500 loosend the clamp fit great. User error is the issue I bet.

Reading is fun. Stock filter went on in 5 seconds. Other aftermarket filter went on in 5 seconds. Lots of user error there.

Users who are viewing this thread