2011 5.0 M6 vs 2006 6.0 GTO M6

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member
time to go pro it with no passengers in either car. the 5.0 will still be faster.

05slvrgt

Real bits of panther.
Established Member
Good races. Need a passenger in both cars or a go pro stat! Also, someone barked 3rd pretty good a 1:37.

wma8706

Established Member
Nice race and video but to be fair the goat has an intake mod vs a bone stock 11 5.0. It's a fact the 11 5.0 are a little quicker than the LS3 Camaro so are we led to believe that the LS2 GTO and only an intake mod will run quicker or faster than the LS3 Camaro?

Paulinator

Established Member
Nice race and video but to be fair the goat has an intake mod vs a bone stock 11 5.0. It's a fact the 11 5.0 are a little quicker than the LS3 Camaro so are we led to believe that the LS2 GTO and only an intake mod will run quicker or faster than the LS3 Camaro?

+1..

did the 2011 have 3.27 gears?

Vigilante375

Established Member
The intake is a SVEDE, which is a OTRCAI and is a lot better than regular CAIs. And yes, GTOs are faster than a Camaro SS because those are heavy, fat pigs unlike GTOs. I believe this 5.0 had 3.55s.

LS2 GTOs have gone 12.9-13.0 stock but that was only a few with people that could drive damn good. Don't under estimate them, its a good stock for stock race.

Ls2BluGoat

200,000 mile club
Established Member
The intake is a SVEDE, which is a OTRCAI and is a lot better than regular CAIs. And yes, GTOs are faster than a Camaro SS because those are heavy, fat pigs unlike GTOs. I believe this 5.0 had 3.55s.

LS2 GTOs have gone 12.9-13.0 stock but that was only a few with people that could drive damn good. Don't under estimate them, its a good stock for stock race.

That's right, there was even a guy who managed a 12.1 1/4 time with only headers and a tune.

blacksrt

Established Member

The guy in the 5.0 used to have a GTO and he can also drive very well. The intake does help but not much considering it has no tune. I'd like to see the drivers switch cars and run. I was shocked at how close they were.

WHSTLR

TRAKDAY
Established Member
Not sure how he can run an OTRCAI not tuned, when they had such a problem with R&D because of needing the tune. Started out speed density only!

ponyboyisaac

Now Kaioken...times 10!!
Established Member
Good video, no matter what, it still proved the 5.0 is faster then an ls2 gto. The 5.0 had a bigger gap on the gto when the camera man wasnt with him. The gto would barely edge him out when the camera man was in the mustang.

NinjaBum

Established Member

I would slowly walk away from 5th gen camaros when I was stock in my LS2 GTO. Don't get so caught up on the numbers on the engines. Weight is a large factor.

That intake is the best one available here without outsourcing to Oz-land, and unlike the new 5.0's, intake on a GTO actually does quite a bit by itself. If it was stock, I'd see the 5.0 easing away.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread