2011 gt- 10.97 @ 124 na!

19935.slow

Established Member
Head and cam package? Are you serious?

Yes I'd highly doubt it would run in the mid 120s without a set of heads or cams. And heads cam = n/a. Judging by what you type, you seem to think n/a means bolt ons. Not saying it's a clear cut case, but I want to make sure thats clear.

yes it is...the CAI's just came out about 2 weeks ago....you think H/C are available that quickly?LMFAO

Do you think the cold air intakes didn't undergo any development? Notice how at the beginning of the month the car was testing some sort of exhaust and intake at the track. Low and behold c&l releases an intake weeks later after the car ran mid 11's n/a.

He never said h/c packages were available, did he? Just because they have their own set of heads and cams doesn't mean they are automatically available to be mass produced for the public. I'm sure he ment they are probably testing their own product. You don't just argue flow numbers and hp... they actually test these things at the track. If this is the case, this would be a prime example. Take a breath before you type man.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Yes I'd highly doubt it would run in the mid 120s without a set of heads or cams. And heads cam = n/a. Judging by what you type, you seem to think n/a means bolt ons. Not saying it's a clear cut case, but I want to make sure thats clear.

Do you think the cold air intakes didn't undergo any development? Notice how at the beginning of the month the car was testing some sort of exhaust and intake at the track. Low and behold c&l releases an intake weeks later after the car ran mid 11's n/a.

He never said h/c packages were available, did he? Just because they have their own set of heads and cams doesn't mean they are automatically available to be mass produced for the public. I'm sure he ment they are probably testing their own product. You don't just argue flow numbers and hp... they actually test these things at the track. If this is the case, this would be a prime example. Take a breath before you type man.

No, I said NA because the other guy said that he bets they were on the bottle. I just can't see them having upgraded heads yet, and changing cams when they haven't even (up to the point before this thread) even tried tuning the OE cams. Yeah, I think I know what N/A means. :poke:

-Jeff

61mmstang94

Established Member

Shhhhh!

Let the nuthuggers think they're going to buy a 2011 GT and put an intake/exhaust on it w/ a tune and run solid 10s at mid 120s. It'll be funnier to see their disappointment.

Last edited:

Todd03Blown

Established Member

the fact of the matter is they stated what mods were done to the car in their FB post. It mentioned nothing of H/C being installed and yes I understand the whole development phase of products and the testing that goes on. Not sure why it is so hard for folks to read and comprehend.
Thanks for telling me to take a breath, I almost just died:rollseyes

Todd03Blown

Established Member
Shhhhh!

Let the nuthuggers think they're going to buy a 2011 GT and put an intake/exhaust on it w/ a tune and run solid 10s at mid 120s. It'll be funnier to see their disappointment.

ahhh knew it was only time before you and your infinite wisdom entered this thread....:poke::kaboom:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Shhhhh!

Let the nuthuggers think they're going to buy a 2011 GT and put an intake on it and a tune and run solid 10s at mid 120s. It'll be funnier to see their disappointment.

Where does it say that this is intake and tune only? Hell, the stock Auto is running as fast as 115mph do to stock gearing without an mods. This is what happens when everyone has to guess what has been done. I think that if you are going to post numbers, you have to back it up with a mods list, if for no other reason than to avoid conjecture.

Todd03Blown

Established Member
Where does it say that this is intake and tune only? Hell, the stock Auto is running as fast as 115mph do to stock gearing without an mods.

some people have a hardtime understanding english it appears or they haven't kept up with the progression of mods done to this car by Evo.

61mmstang94

Established Member
ahhh knew it was only time before you and your infinite wisdom entered this thread....:poke::kaboom:

Go play in traffic.

Where does it say that this is intake and tune only? Hell, the stock Auto is running as fast as 115mph do to gearing without an mods. This is what happens when everyone has to guess what has been done. I think that if you are going to post numbers, you have to back it up with a mods list, if for no other reason than to avoid conjecture.

It was sarcasm. The point is that this car has more done to it (more weight reduction, or possibly some R&D ported heads? Or both?). Take a look at the stock numbers (mainly the MPH) and compare it to these. There is either very significant weight reduction or a substantial power increase other than an intake/exhaust/tune.

I can see the suspension and bolt-ons improving the ET and giving some good numbers, but the MPH is either coming from making the car lighter or adding more power than those basic mods.

Last edited:

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
Much hate in this thread. I guess I really dont see how the times are THAT unbelievable. The motor is obviously corked up from the factory, add more power, a good suspension with tire, and a driver than can pound the shit out of the car and youre going to end up with decent times!

cobra_matt

Established Member
Where does it say that this is intake and tune only? Hell, the stock Auto is running as fast as 115mph do to stock gearing without an mods. This is what happens when everyone has to guess what has been done. I think that if you are going to post numbers, you have to back it up with a mods list, if for no other reason than to avoid conjecture.

So you suggest there are more mods than just an intake and tune but don't think the car has a h/c package yet. The known mods are intake, exhaust, tune, weight reduction, and suspension mods. What additional mods are going to make the car go 10.9s at mid 120s, other than a head and cam package?

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Go play in traffic.

It was sarcasm. The point is that this car has more done to it (more weight reduction, or possibly some R&D ported heads? Or both?). Take a look at the stock numbers (mainly the MPH) and compare it to these. There is either very significant weight reduction or a substantial power increase other than an intake/exhaust/tune.

I can see the suspension and bolt-ons improving the ET and giving some good numbers, but the MPH is either coming from making the car lighter or adding more power than those basic mods.

Gee, I vote making the car lighter...Again, no one to my knowledge has tuned the cam timing yet. If that is what Evo has done, then who knows what gains it will make. If I can make a K24 Honda engine pick up 30 whp by adjusting cam angle in the tune, then who knows what one can do with a 5.0.

61mmstang94

Established Member
Much hate in this thread. I guess I really dont see how the times are THAT unbelievable. The motor is obviously corked up from the factory, add more power, a good suspension with tire, and a driver than can pound the shit out of the car and youre going to end up with decent times!

I guess we'll see when people actually start buying these (and not a shop with undisclosed mods) and racing them how they perform with the mods that people think are on this car. In which case I should expect 130s close to 140 with a H/C package on top of this, right? lol :beer:

Last edited:

RCRAMIE

Established Member

They have the reasons for not posting mods list we should be happy to get the info we are getting, im sure they tell us everything 5.0 mustang will allow if not maybe even a little more than they should.

steeltoe

Established Member
So what is the point of EVO putting this info out there and won't say how they did it. This thread is a waste of time.

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
I guess we'll see when people actually start buying these (and not a shop with undisclosed mods) and racing them how they perform with the mods that people think are on this car. In which case I should expect 130s close to 140 with a H/C package on top of this, right? lol :beer:

Yeah the true test will be when your average Joe(aka idiot) gets a hold of one and does some mods. I really doubt that you will see alot of people running slicks and skinnies on them with alot of suspension changes, so they will probably be somewhere in the 11's with dr's..but who knows. As for the 130-140 traps with H/C:lol:, I dont think you will see alot of gains from a H/C setup honestly.

RCRAMIE

Established Member
Remember the 11.65 run was with ET Streets, we now have slicks and a hotter tune..., weight reduction, and suspension changes!

Straight from FB page.

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
Can you guys at least spill the beans on what the weight reduction is?? Lighter seats, rear seat delete, battery in the back etc etc..

RCRAMIE

Established Member
So what is the point of EVO putting this info out there and won't say how they did it. This thread is a waste of time.

Just keeping us in the loop on whats going and I thank them for it. All this nitpicking is the reason a lot of shops and big business does not share or post information on sites like this.
They can't share the mod list with us that is for 5.0 mag it is a business deal. Evo could have just done what they are doing and let us read about it in the mag, but they didn't they told us what they could and kept us in the loop the whole way.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
They have the reasons for not posting mods list we should be happy to get the info we are getting, im sure they tell us everything 5.0 mustang will allow if not maybe even a little more than they should.

I get that, and I understand the reasoning.

Users who are viewing this thread