2011 random stuttering

Hkaiser83

I am Captain Dynaball.
Established Member
I have a 2011 with the following mods, VMP 2.59 pulley, Innovators balancer, Kooks LT's, Kooks catted mid pipe, Magnaflow Competition catback, LCA's, Ford Racing TB, Cobra Jet intake, AFCO dual fan H/E, and probably other stuff I am forgetting.

It randomly stutters with a varying degree of severity. Sometimes the maintenance needed light comes on and restarting it usually solves that specific problem. Sometimes the stutter also goes away on a restart. It doesn't set off the check engine light. Sometimes it will clear up after 10-15 minutes of driving.

I've replaced the spark plugs, cleaned the maf, ran injector cleaner, and replaced the fuel filter. If you put the hammer down the problem seems to go away but there still seems to be some power loss. Also, going WOT makes the stutter worse once you lay off the throttle.

I just can't figure it out.

Last edited:

Hkaiser83

I am Captain Dynaball.
Established Member
Could a tune actually cause these problems? I'm out of town now but just had the thought that I should have returned it to stock to test this out.

Hkaiser83

I am Captain Dynaball.
Established Member
Vacuum leak? Check the connection to your bypass valve on the back of the SC by the TB.

Ahhh Why didn't I think of that? I will see if I can get my wife to check...

Anyone have a good picture or diagram I can send her?

Last edited:

Hkaiser83

I am Captain Dynaball.
Established Member
Decided to just get it retuned to see if that would fix it. Local shop named Kinetik Motorsports is offering to do it for $400. It would be outsourced to Jon Lund but they would do the grunt work like dyno pulls and datalogging.

Any reviews on Jon Lund tunes? From what I understand they are supposed to be top notch.

Users who are viewing this thread