2011???

spincobra03

Established Member
Ok so I keep hearing alot of people hating on the rear end of the 2010 (which I dont get, I like that its different from other GT's and Shelbys, but thats just my opinion.) With that said, it seems everyone is holding out on the 2011 which im not exactly understanding? If they indeed go to the aluminum block wont people be at all worried about working the bugs out in a first year engine? I guess my worries stems from the fact that I am about to buy a 2010 and it seems like no one cares for the 2010. I know people are going to say, if you like it buy, who cares what others think. But since I never hold on to cars long, im thinking about resale on the car. I dont want to buy a product that no one is going to want. Granted I will always be able to find someone to buy a car. But im just not getting why everyone is so excited about a car with specs that havent been released yet. On top of the fact that its a first year engine. I guess its just me being paranoid. But man the 2010 looks so sweet, especially the interior. Got a chance to sit inside of it and check out the voice command on the SYNC and gps. The electronics package can do just about anything. You can turn on your ac/heat and select a temperature with your voice for god sake!! You can look up movie theaters, how far away they are and whats playing etc.. you get the point.. lol. Ok maybe thats not cool to some people but for me, owning 2 terminators, this interior is a HUGE upgrade. Do the 07-09's have the same voice command feature?? At this point im just rambling...:bash: Just curious on peoples opinions? After typing all of this, im starting to think I already made a similar thread, so my apologizes if I already have.

Last edited:

03reptile

Established Member
I'm waiting to order a 2011 simply because of the strong rumor of the alum. block. Should make a big difference in its balance and handling. The 2010 is very nice and I'm to understand there isn't much difference between it and the up-coming 2011, albiet the previously mentioned block. These are hand built engines and the block is not new to Ford so I don't harbor any substantial concerns about it's reliability and endurance. I too had an 03 Terminator and my current 2007 was a big improvement. If money is no issue, I'd wait and see what the 2011 has to offer when the order bank opens mid-January. If you want a deal, I think you would do well with a 2010. I know, tough call isn't it?

spincobra03

Established Member
I'm waiting to order a 2011 simply because of the strong rumor of the alum. block. Should make a big difference in its balance and handling. The 2010 is very nice and I'm to understand there isn't much difference between it and the up-coming 2011, albiet the previously mentioned block. These are hand built engines and the block is not new to Ford so I don't harbor any substantial concerns about it's reliability and endurance. I too had an 03 Terminator and my current 2007 was a big improvement. If money is no issue, I'd wait and see what the 2011 has to offer when the order bank opens mid-January. If you want a deal, I think you would do well with a 2010. I know, tough call isn't it?

VERY TOUGH!! I sold my 08 tundra and im driving a winter beater until feb or march, when I plan on getting my GT500 or Z06. My problem is I have to have a car and cant wait for 2011. Plus with the winter here, I can field a great deal. So im torn on what to do. I know I can go down the street and get GT500 for 47K.

chuckstang

Established Member
Well shit, winter must get everyone thinking, cause I just posted a sorta similar thread.

Look at my thread and the new 2010 Roush cars!

God this is not helping me at all hahaha

chuckstang

Established Member
Wait so I noticed you are in boston as well

ahahah

too funny

Feel free to check out my car or shit, buy it, $34k! But seriously, what part of MA?

03reptile

Established Member
VERY TOUGH!! I sold my 08 tundra and im driving a winter beater until feb or march, when I plan on getting my GT500 or Z06. My problem is I have to have a car and cant wait for 2011. Plus with the winter here, I can field a great deal. So im torn on what to do. I know I can go down the street and get GT500 for 47K.

Sounds like you've answered your own question in relation to the purchase of a 2010 Shelby. The Vette is a great car and provides super performance. The Shelby has more "people appeal" and if you're into getting recognition and praise (most of us are!) whenever you are driving amongst the public, the Shelby is definitely the way to go. To the general public a Vette is a Vette, but the Shelby is instantly recognizable and consequently gets the smile and jealous nod from those who wish they were in your place. Now, go buy that 2010, you'll never look back!

kens88gt

Established Member
Get the 2010. Excellent car with some minor but needed changes from the '07-'09's. Once it's your, you won't regret it. Probably get a good deal to boot.

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
2010 and dont look back. Like said before, there will always be better options on next years car so its pointless to keep holding out.

snakecharmer

Established Member
Unfortunately I don't see that ghastly rear end going anywhere until the next redesign. So anyone holding out for that in 2011 is going to be very disappointed I think. It will no doubt be a much miproved car as taking out all that weight will do wonders for handling, and make it a bit quicker even if the motor is rated exactly the same.

A pity they had to ruin the looks, because I'd trade up in a minute if the new design wasn't so damn hideous.

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
Unfortunately I don't see that ghastly rear end going anywhere until the next redesign. So anyone holding out for that in 2011 is going to be very disappointed I think. It will no doubt be a much miproved car as taking out all that weight will do wonders for handling, and make it a bit quicker even if the motor is rated exactly the same.

A pity they had to ruin the looks, because I'd trade up in a minute if the new design wasn't so damn hideous.

LMAO @ your avatar

breoland

Established Member

I think that most of the gear heads that r holding out is to see if the car is going to come with the allum block. it will be all the difference in the world wit the less weight upfront and potential power.
I own an 09 and possibly look to put an alum bottom end in the car down the road, but if I was in the market for a 10 and new for sure the 11 was going to have the alluminum bottom end, id hold out. thats just me

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
we already know that it's getting an aluminum block, the parts desk dude confirmed it(and got punished for it).

96slowbra

Established Member
like mentioned above, something better will always be coming out. i sold 2 super low milage cobras (2000 R and Comp o termy) to buy my my 2010 shelby. This car is a blast to drive. 2010 is the first year that sync was fully integrated in the shelby's and it is addictive too. buy the 2010 and you wont regret it

Users who are viewing this thread