2012 Kona, Low Miles Extended Warranty

...Mark...

Established Member
a beautiful car.....has the right color/options/condition/tranny for me but hard for me to think about a long distance purchase....maybe I could have someone else check it out for me thats local.....what city in Texas are you located?
I just picked up my 2011 vert in Houston and drove it back to Atlanta. I used carchex.com for the inspection. They sent me a report with pics and i was able to talk to the inspector before the inspection to give him some instruction and afterwards when he reported back. A day and half later i had the report in my email. It's the second time i have used them (picked up my S4 in TX as well) and have been happy both times. It was $160 well spent for piece of mind prior to lining up financing and booking a flight.

JaysonMFK

5.0 Fanboy
Established Member
^Sounds like a great service, I wouldn't mind having a third party inspect it at the buyers expense.

It is in as close to showroom condition as you can get.

JaysonMFK

5.0 Fanboy
Established Member
No, it does not have the navigation or back up assist sensor package.

Thanks for the compliments and e-mails so far; I've been really busy this week but I'll try to reply to them all shortly.

JaysonMFK

5.0 Fanboy
Established Member
Still have it, Tyler Texas, had an offer of $27,000 but turned it down.

Kind of having second thoughts on letting it go.

Saturday, Feb. 2, I'll be taking it to be professionally detailed by Nick:

Welcome to Nick's Custom Detailing!

Getting the Full Detail (Preventative Maintenance) package, I'll post up some more recent pictures after.

JaysonMFK

5.0 Fanboy
Established Member
I'll post some new pics I took earlier today sometime tomorrow night, showing the window tint/exhaust. Also so you guys can get an idea of the paint condition etc.

JaysonMFK

5.0 Fanboy
Established Member
Also I could very well be wrong on the name.

It's the package that had Brembo brakes, the strut tower brace, 3.73 rear, re-tuned ESC, etc... Certainly doesn't have the 0-60 and all that mess on the dash =)

steeltoe

Established Member
Also I could very well be wrong on the name.

It's the package that had Brembo brakes, the strut tower brace, 3.73 rear, re-tuned ESC, etc... Certainly doesn't have the 0-60 and all that mess on the dash =)

the Track Apps is a 13-14 car option.

JaysonMFK

5.0 Fanboy
Established Member
Current pics. (also added them to the original post)

Feb. 6 2013

I had the car detailed the night before and used Hardbody sealant to protect the paint. I was just going over a few spots with the quick detailer so I could snap a few current pictures for those who had asked.

These were taken with my iPhone, so the quality isn't great. But it should give you an idea of how the car looks with the tint and exhaust as those are the only changes from the previous pictures... This should also give you an idea of the current condition.

2lw9kcz.jpg

2r7y87l.jpg

2qvb7zr.jpg

The line on the fender is not a scratch, I think it's a reflection of a jet's contrail.
t0rmvs.jpg

2pq1f95.jpg

svnmh0.jpg

The car is like a mirror, so what looks like spots/smears are really clouds and reflections.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread