2013 GT500 FAQ's (noobs enter)

dlaude

Established Member
As someone who joined this site years ago for terminator info (when I owned one), and continued to lurk once that went in for a 5.0, and is now looking to make the leap to a newer GT500, this is a great thread. Couple thoughts: first, for true n00bs, they may get tripped up on some of the acronyms in the original post. May want to spell it out the first time, then put the common acronym in parentheses after for future reference (or maybe that's just me and my OCD shining through haha). Second, and this comes from my terminator experience, I'd recommend adding a couple common "new here, what first mods?" q&a portion in the original post. I know it touched on mods, but didn't say the 'common first few'. For terminators, it was a pulley (then came the 'what size pulley?' thread LOL), exhaust, and tune.

Just some thoughts. Great thread!

NJSP117

Established Member
Great thread...just read end to end....not sure why I never read this before...lots of good information. Thx!!

93SVTvenom

Established Member
Great thread...just read end to end....not sure why I never read this before...lots of good information. Thx!!

I agree!!! Awesome thread!!! I honestly am looking for some feedback on purchasing a used one. Things like what to look for (issues), fair prices, any gripes after racking up 5-10K miles, any insight on what you would change if needing normal wear parts to be replaced such as brake pads, rotors, tires, ect. I don't plan on modding the car much if at all. Would love to hear some feedback from owners who have accumulated some miles so a noob as myself would have a little more insight on what to expect. Thanks OP for all the information and to all who contributed.

LeonPhelps

Established Member
Hi Guys, I am looking at buying a 2014 Grabber blue with white stripes. I want to change them to black. Has anyone had any experience doing this ?

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Hi Guys, I am looking at buying a 2014 Grabber blue with white stripes. I want to change them to black. Has anyone had any experience doing this ?

The kit from ford is $1400

However, you can get them aftermarket for about $350

I suggest having a detail shop install them

LeonPhelps

Established Member
Just wondering if I do some upgrades in the range of 850-1000hp. Can a convertible take that kind of power or will it damage the chassis ?

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Just wondering if I do some upgrades in the range of 850-1000hp. Can a convertible take that kind of power or will it damage the chassis ?

I think it can handle it, but I wouldn't do it. I think you'd have to add some safety and chassis stiffening.

As for that kind of power, you also would need to go with a built bottom end

Jgus0025

Established Member
Well I am new and didn't see these questions...
1. I am tall and I am curious if the Recaro seats give you... more, less, or the same head room as the standard seats?
2. The car I want to buy (2012 GT500) has it listed as having the SVT Performance Package. Then says group 820A. Is the group 820A make a difference or is that considered the base model? The car has the brembo brakes and the 19 inch rims in the font and the 20 inch rims in the back....
Thanks guys

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Well I am new and didn't see these questions...
1. I am tall and I am curious if the Recaro seats give you... more, less, or the same head room as the standard seats?
2. The car I want to buy (2012 GT500) has it listed as having the SVT Performance Package. Then says group 820A. Is the group 820A make a difference or is that considered the base model? The car has the brembo brakes and the 19 inch rims in the font and the 20 inch rims in the back....
Thanks guys

1- how tall are you? I'm 6 feet and in the recaro there was still a ton of space between myself and the ceiling and I kept it low

2- if you're looking at a 2012 and its an SVTPP, it will have skinny stripes and dark colored multi spoke wheels. If it's a 2013 Gt500 (which this thread applies to). The SVT PP also has dark multi spoke wheels, while the non SVTPP has silver "5 star" wheels. But the 2013 still has wide stripes

Jgus0025

Established Member
1- how tall are you? I'm 6 feet and in the recaro there was still a ton of space between myself and the ceiling and I kept it low

2- if you're looking at a 2012 and its an SVTPP, it will have skinny stripes and dark colored multi spoke wheels. If it's a 2013 Gt500 (which this thread applies to). The SVT PP also has dark multi spoke wheels, while the non SVTPP has silver "5 star" wheels. But the 2013 still has wide stripes

Sorry I really missed the 2013-2014. I just saw the noobs part. Lol Still learning the web site.
I am literally 6'2 1/2" lol.

On the SVT PP would it have the BB on the door sticker for the axle code which from what I just read is 3.73 gears?

Last edited:

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Sorry I really missed the 2013-2014. I just saw the noobs part. Lol Still learning the web site.
I am literally 6'2 1/2" lol.

On the SVT PP would it have the BB on the door sticker for the axle code which from what I just read is 3.73 gears?

lol it's all good

Send me a link to the car you're looking at and I'll tell you

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Ford decided it was more profitable to sell them @ $ 25 a pop, than let you print them for free, been down awhile..

Users who are viewing this thread