2013 Mustang GT vs 2008 Range Rover.... :(

boosted70

Established Member
Heading down Park Row (straight 2 way), a guy in a Range Rover pulls out to cross and stops as he finally sees me when I'm 30 yds away. He stops completely in my lane. I decided instead of swerving left into oncoming traffic, I should turn right into the driveway and steer away from the drivers door. I hit him doing about 35-40ish.

Car took it well. No cracked glass. I took it well (swole ftw), just really sore neck, back and knee.

He admitted fault immediately and has USAA, hopefully it turns out well.

I'm driving a Dodge Caravan until then.

993413_524198960994405_1209708234_n.jpg

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Same guy who ran over the bikers?

Glad you're okay and it wasnt worse.

boosted70

Established Member
I've never had this happen before. Here's my situation, I'm pretty sure I'm upside down on the car. I do have gap insurance however. Do y'all think I will be out of pocket too much on this?

13' gt premium with 24k miles.

I just hope to get a 14' or something of equal value. As far as a used car goes, is that only an option if they offer cash?

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
I've never had this happen before. Here's my situation, I'm pretty sure I'm upside down on the car. I do have gap insurance however. Do y'all think I will be out of pocket too much on this?

13' gt premium with 24k miles.

I just hope to get a 14' or something of equal value. As far as a used car goes, is that only an option if they offer cash?
You will probably make out just fine. That GAP insurance will be well worth it. USAA should price the car damn near close to what it's value is, maybe even higher.

How much did you still own on the car? If you'd rather not say, no worries.

Hell, might give me an idea about what mine's worth. '13 GT base w/ 28k

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
damn glad your ok and he admitted fault, those range rovers are solid!

rfreeman37

Established Member
When you say out of pocket what do you mean? With gap insurance it will take care of what the insurance won't pay. That will take care of that car itself. It will be done deal. As far as you getting another vehicle that will be completely on you if I'm correct. Where you injured? Has the insurance company agreed to any terms if you were injured about compensation? If so before you take anything or any type of settlement talk to a lawyer. Plenty of them do free consults. It can't hurt.

rfreeman37

Established Member
Something else to think about and you don't have to disclose any numbers but did you pay a big down payment? Did you get a good interest rate? All those things will play a factor in it. If you paid a big down payment you may very well have Equity in it. Just be careful of insurance companies cause they will definitely do their best to pay as lil as possible. They present to care about you but when the curtain falls all they care about is getting out as cheap as possible.

Stanger00

Established Member
Hopefully USAA treats you as well as they did me when my car was totaled. They gave me KBB value for my local area. There were only 2 other cars for sale local to me at the time and both were selling for 22-23k (09 Mazdaspeed 3) It was 2011 when I totaled my car. They offered me 22,500 plus tax and title fees for my county. I only owed 10k on the car so it was a decent pay out.

boosted70

Established Member
Yes I have talked to an attorney. He told me not to give USAA any statement since their guy has been cited.

I am waiting to hear back form the appraisers now.

I have neck, back and some knee pain. Will definitely see a chiropractor after talking to the attorney.

I did not put a large down payment on the car. Was going to trade in my 2000 Super Duty at the time but decided to keep it.

Users who are viewing this thread