2013 Saleen S351

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
GT500 is a factory ford car not some guy taking a base car putting a bunch of parts on it and selling it for more than a GT500.

Is Saleen creating a whole new motor? I wonder if a 5.8L with a TVS and TR6060 is used in a different model?

But yes, these parts are definitely put on differently. :)

mustangmike02

SVTless
Established Member
351Motor_zps141527ea.jpg

zerocool

Douchy McDoucherson
Established Member
I'm thinking a lot of you who are hating on the S351 haven't ever ridden in a '99 model. It was far and away the best Mustang produced in the body style, even compared to the Terminator. Saleens are far more than a body kit and engine, that's just ignorance.

mustangmike02

SVTless
Established Member
I'm thinking a lot of you who are hating on the S351 haven't ever ridden in a '99 model. It was far and away the best Mustang produced in the body style, even compared to the Terminator. Saleens are far more than a body kit and engine, that's just ignorance.

Stock for stock possibly. But even still they both has similar suspension as I'm pretty sure the 99-04 saleens were ok yellow bilstiens.

The 03-04 had theIRS which is a whole other thread in itself.

But a lot of s351's you see for sale have rebuilt motors and that's because of their tune and the motors having weak points. I would say more s351's now have rebuilt engines.

A car that comes factory with a built motor that can handle a lot of horsepower is easily better than one that couldn't. Saleen had history and so does SVT.

We can all admit Saleen was an probably still is over priced. The fact they tried to reach out to the public with a more affordable mustang the 281 (non supercharged) even those carried 30k price tags. But I will admit I believe my dad bought a 02 gt in 2002 for about 21k used with 1000 miles.

Anyways more details about the new S351 should be interesting if more are produced and created. Just wish they would have used different bumpers.

Users who are viewing this thread