2014 GT Aluminator & CPR Turbo kit build (Picture heavy!)

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Well done. What are the goals with the car? I would assume somewhere in the 9 second range?

Mugzy

Connoisseur Extraordinair
Established Member
That's seriously impressive. If I ever go FI that's what I'd like to do.

Do you think there's any issue with the turbo being right next to the intake path before the manifold? The hot side follows the intake for quite a bit..

EDIT: I'm guessing something like this isn't a daily driver? Heh.

Last edited:

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member

Do you think there's any issue with the turbo being right next to the intake path before the manifold? The hot side follows the intake for quite a bit..

Something like this can easily be a daily driver, depending on how aggressive the tuning is.

Deespeed99

Established Member
That CPR turbo looks pretty damn good in there. Do you have any regrets from going from a loaded 13 to a stripper 14? The only regret from buying my car is that I didn't buy a used ctsv instead :D.

You know i thought i would because i had a glass roof, navi, etc but i honestly didnt miss it one bit even from day 1. I absolutely love the 6R80 with the select shift and wish i had bought it from day one. The car feels so much better being more light too. My 13 was 38xx so this car is a solid 300lbs lighter.

Well done. What are the goals with the car? I would assume somewhere in the 9 second range?

I want 1000rwhp on E85. I know its pushing it but thats my goal & i realize im pushing the stock block limits but its. Ok. Id like to see a 8.99 pass honestly. The car should be there weight wise if i make a pass or 2 at 900-1000hp. For the most part ill leave it around 600-700 for longevity.

It actually was bought to be my daily lol. I doubt ill use it during winter though. If i have heat issues ill just buy a turbo blanket. Dustin did a lot of testing with this kit though so my worries are down to nothing lol. I had a hellion single on my 13 so thats says enough.

Turned out great deespeed!

Thanks again guys! Im hoping i can compete now with these kots and other quicker coyotes just no JPC, beef and those other guys. Not quite there yet! Lol

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
The aluminator uses a bigger filter so you have to swap to a standard oil filter for ease of fitment.

I noticed this filter "looks" taller than a Ford FL-820 filter. Is this the Ford Racing version of the FL1A, or is this Ford Racing's version of the FL-820?

You know i thought i would because i had a glass roof, navi, etc but i honestly didnt miss it one bit even from day 1. I absolutely love the 6R80 with the select shift and wish i had bought it from day one. The car feels so much better being more light too. My 13 was 38xx so this car is a solid 300lbs lighter.

Where does the weight savings come in? Was I wrong to think the 6R80 auto was the same weight as the MT82 manual, or slightly heavier? The glass roof and NAV delete will not save that much weight. The glass was said to only weigh 20 lbs. more than the sheet metal it replaced.

You may also have some weight savings from the lack of Brembo brakes, if you had them before.

If you have a weigh slip from the 2013 fully loaded GT, go to the same place, with the same amount of fuel, and weigh the 2014 stripper. Let's see the difference. You have my curiosity.

Last edited:

Deespeed99

Established Member
I noticed this filter "looks" taller than a Ford FL-820 filter. Is this the Ford Racing version of the FL1A, or is this Ford Racing's version of the FL-820?

Where does the weight savings come in? Was I wrong to think the 6R80 auto was the same weight as the MT82 manual, or slightly heavier? The glass roof and NAV delete will not save that much weight. The glass was said to only weigh 20 lbs. more than the sheet metal it replaced.

You may also have some weight savings from the lack of Brembo brakes, if you had them before.

If you have a weigh slip from the 2013 fully loaded GT, go to the same place, with the same amount of fuel, and weigh the 2014 stripper. Let's see the difference. You have my curiosity.

I think its a ford racing version but not 100% sure. You'd surprised how many modules and extra wiring harnesses are on fully loaded car & plus i had factory 19's, it was a premium so it had my color and all that extra stuff. I had both cars weighed at the same dump so its accurate. All the little things add up...

Can't wait to see it on the street!

You've gotta bring it up to GB one day for me to check out.

I cant wait either alan, aj and all those guys arent ready though lol!

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member

I daily drive mine, with the same kit. The air is going fast enough through the pipe while the car is running that it does not have enough time to heat up from the outside of the pipe. It does heat soak if the car is shut off, but data logs show about 20sec after the car is running again, the MAF cools back off.

Chris

MRSUPRA

Established Member
That B/W turbo is huge.

How long does the install take? I've never really seen a K-member swapped, does that take a long time?

Zevox

Established Member
That car is rocking the sleeper look hard... Love it. Goes to show you just never know what that stock looking car is packing.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
very nice build. the cprsm turbo kit is my favorite turbo kit for this cars. im sure it will make silly power.

JM01

Established Member
Nice! That turbo looks huge! Are you sure is not the 80 kit from Dustin? :D

Can't wait to have mine.

JM

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Voltwings

Established Member
Would love to see how the boost comes on. Having previously owned a BT 4 cylinder i promised i would never own another turbo vehicle because the lag irritated the shit out of me but ... these single turbo coyotes are so sexy.

hitmix300

Established Member
OP nice build, i'm glad you did it on your own. the blood, sweat & beers add up and it's SOOOO rewarding that YOU did it.

I've heard nothing but bad rep on the hellion single kit. i'm glad to see you didnt swap it to your newer model car. how was the craftsmanship and fitting of the cpr kit?

keep us in the loop, we wanna know everything..

Users who are viewing this thread