2014 GT500 allocation available

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
My friend, who i bought my 1st 13 GT500 from in Michigan just got awarded a 2nd 2014 Allocation.

This is an "act fast because if we take too long it wont get built" type of thing.

You can order the car however you want, he's willing to do a courtesy delivery with a dealer local to you, if you're not local, provided the other dealer doesnt want to charge fees to him.

You can order it today for $1000 off MSRP.

Please PM me, this is a no BS dealer, no crazy fees, not market adjustments etc. I've helped out other members here, and they've bought through this dealer, and been very happy.

This is a 1st come 1st serve basis, however, I just ask that you've been on the forum for atleast 90 days and have more than 25 posts, not some random dude that googled. I'd rather help out a forum member that has struggled to find a good deal.

PM me if interested.

The order has to be in by Tuesday 7/30 at 4 EST

If no one takes the allocation it will get built to the following spec (grey/blue, PP, EP, recaro) as a stock order.

Last edited:

pldva01

Established Member
This dealer that Chris is referring to is fabulous to work with. Last year about this time Chris referred me to him on the same deal were he was awarded an additional allocation. I ordered my Shelby the way I wanted and had it courtesy delivered to my dealer in TX who at the time was selling them for 20k over. I ordered the car on 07-11-13 and it was built on 09-24-13. During the whole process the dealer sent me updates with production numbers and helped me track it while it was being shipped. So for those that are interested this dealer is great to work with.
Thanks

BCPD199

Established Member
This dealer that Chris is referring to is fabulous to work with. Last year about this time Chris referred me to him on the same deal were he was awarded an additional allocation. I ordered my Shelby the way I wanted and had it courtesy delivered to my dealer in TX who at the time was selling them for 20k over.

Not to hijack this; but, I've got to ask, your dealer that was charging 20K over, how thrilled was he to do the courtesy delivery?

pldva01

Established Member
He was cool with it. When I called him and told him I found a car and would they take the courtesy delivery he said he was glad that I had found one and that I was getting a good deal. The courtesy fee was $350.00 which was cheaper than flying up and driving back, plus I had a new car in the garage with 13 miles on it. It also helps in that my entire family has bought all of our cars from this dealer over the last 15 years and also have all of the service done there. Last summer it was crazy trying to find one of these and I called and emailed dealers from the West Coast to the East Coast and at the time most were between 15 - 20 over. The dealer here knew that I wasn't going to pay over MSRP as I usually pay invoice for everything and since he was able to sell the cars he had for extra I figured good for him. Thanks to Chris! and this forum I was blessed to be referred to his dealer friend who let me order the car at MSRP and accepted the courtesy delivery.

BCPD199

Established Member
He was cool with it. When I called him and told him I found a car and would they take the courtesy delivery he said he was glad that I had found one and that I was getting a good deal. The courtesy fee was $350.00 which was cheaper than flying up and driving back, plus I had a new car in the garage with 13 miles on it. It also helps in that my entire family has bought all of our cars from this dealer over the last 15 years and also have all of the service done there. Last summer it was crazy trying to find one of these and I called and emailed dealers from the West Coast to the East Coast and at the time most were between 15 - 20 over. The dealer here knew that I wasn't going to pay over MSRP as I usually pay invoice for everything and since he was able to sell the cars he had for extra I figured good for him. Thanks to Chris! and this forum I was blessed to be referred to his dealer friend who let me order the car at MSRP and accepted the courtesy delivery.

Good for you and glad to hear he was good about it. I know this is not the thread for ADM discussion; but, it just aggravates me when a dealer won't take care of a 15 year long customer.

mustangc

This too shall pass
Established Member
Norton is right, They're not flying off the lots, at least not at MSRP... There are leftover 2013's on lots listed for thousands under MSRP, and a little legwork can find a 2014 allocation for under as well. The two dealers I spoke with offered $1500 under without hesitation, and I don't have any inside contacts.

Think about it, when the '13 was first released, there were maybe 8k people in the market for only a few hundred available cars. Now the hungry have been fed, so demand and supply have come back into balance.

The same thing happened during the second year of Terminator production in '04 as the number of people willing to pay for the outgoing halo car, no matter how awesome it was, was tempered by the expectations of what a new platform might bring.

dubbsfaris

Shelby SP Region Director
Established Member
Very true, I paid under for my 2014, but they are still going for 10k over locally. Problem down here is that Buyers from Mexico come up here and pay whatever the price tag says. It makes dealers not so friendly to locals. Ah, to have cartel money....to dream...

USV8PWR

Established Member
Norton is right, They're not flying off the lots, at least not at MSRP... There are leftover 2013's on lots listed for thousands under MSRP, and a little legwork can find a 2014 allocation for under as well. The two dealers I spoke with offered $1500 under without hesitation, and I don't have any inside contacts.

Think about it, when the '13 was first released, there were maybe 8k people in the market for only a few hundred available cars. Now the hungry have been fed, so demand and supply have come back into balance.

The same thing happened during the second year of Terminator production in '04 as the number of people willing to pay for the outgoing halo car, no matter how awesome it was, was tempered by the expectations of what a new platform might bring.

Not true...the demand and supply will never be in balance for this car. Ford won't build enough of them or build them long enough to "satisfy" the total demand. See there are plenty of folks who would love to order one but can't right now for whatever reason but they would definitely do it 3, 6, 9, 12 months from now. Problem is they will have lost the opportunity, Ford will quit building them probably in Oct or Nov and most of the allocations have been used up. So then those folks, once they are able to purchase a 13/14 Shelby, will be fighting for the few that remain on the lots (especially in colors other than black) and the few used ones available on the market that have not been totaled or otherwise wrecked, extremely modded, etc. Remember, the second year of the Terminator production was adding to a total that was already OVER 13,000 cars from the 03 production. We didn't even hit 5K cars with the 13 production, and this is the most powerful Mustang of all time and likely to still be when the new generation Cobra comes out.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
I also posted an available allocation several weeks ago.

Doesn't seem to be the interest I recall seeing in acquiring 2013s... I only received one inquiry and, to the best of my knowledge, that individual never contacted the dealer.

The "new" may have worn off a bit on these. But they still seem to be turning pretty fast- even with or without the ADMs

mustangc

This too shall pass
Established Member
Not true...the demand and supply will never be in balance for this car. Ford won't build enough of them or build them long enough to "satisfy" the total demand. See there are plenty of folks who would love to order one but can't right now for whatever reason but they would definitely do it 3, 6, 9, 12 months from now. Problem is they will have lost the opportunity, Ford will quit building them probably in Oct or Nov and most of the allocations have been used up. So then those folks, once they are able to purchase a 13/14 Shelby, will be fighting for the few that remain on the lots (especially in colors other than black) and the few used ones available on the market that have not been totaled or otherwise wrecked, extremely modded, etc. Remember, the second year of the Terminator production was adding to a total that was already OVER 13,000 cars from the 03 production. We didn't even hit 5K cars with the 13 production, and this is the most powerful Mustang of all time and likely to still be when the new generation Cobra comes out.

Everything in my first paragraph was completely fact based, aka: true.

As for my second paragraph, I guess one could argue I was wrong on the technicality that I inferred the price wasn't in balance at some point. However, I doubt you were referring to that as the untruth, as you opened your post with the exact same misstatement. As long as there are no artificial price controls (i.e. a price floor or ceiling) the price is always in an equilibrium. The question is, what price is the equilibrium, or market, price? At first, the quantity supplied was low, so price was high. Now, quantity available is higher, so the price is lower even if the demand curve doesn't change at all.

The last paragraph is also true, '04 transaction prices and sales were down compared to '03. The people willing to pay ADM had already bought, those willing to pay sticker were becoming satisfied, and at least some were leaving the market entirely waiting for the new S197, or C6 vette, or whatever else was their next opportunity. Suggesting that the same phenomenon could also be at play now is not out of bounds.

I don't have a crystal ball, so I can't argue what the value will be this winter or next spring. All I can say is, right now, the market for this $55+k Mustang is cooling compared to what it was a year ago.

:beer:

Last edited:

usmotox

Living the Dream!
Established Member
My dealer sold his only 14 car 20 minutes or so after getting conformation he did in fact have one to get. Mega dealers will let them set a while cause they can float the floor plan. If you want one get one or get one that the people that buy the latest greatest then beat it or mod it then sell it. I have one and do not much care about the market anymore. It is a great car unmatched to date for an American car built buy and for the same :) Just my thought on the subject.

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
I don't see that many buyers for a $65K Mustang. There is a LOT of inventory out there. I have a few dealers that have 13s still on the lot and a 14 sitting next to it. That is a lot of money tied up in two cars. I can see some good incentives on these cars in another 6 months as long as you can live with black.

Tom

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
I don't see that many buyers for a $65K Mustang. There is a LOT of inventory out there. I have a few dealers that have 13s still on the lot and a 14 sitting next to it. That is a lot of money tied up in two cars. I can see some good incentives on these cars in another 6 months as long as you can live with black.

Tom

Less than 200 new 13s on lots (most have ADMs which is why they're still there)

That's less than 5% of the cars that were built.

As for 14s alot of the inventory that you see on 3rd party sites are sold. Best way to tell is to run the vin- I'd someone's name in under the options list- then it's a customer order. Takes alot of time to go through them- so I don't expect you to, but the 14s are very fluid right now.

Anyone paying sticker for a 13 NOW is ill-advised. However- to order a 14 MSRP is still a fair deal. They (ford)are surely controlling inventory differently on the 14s. Which is smart. Some dealers, on the other hand, aren't smart and order a $69k black on black car and want $79k for it

MattR

Established Member
It really is a lot of money for this car, I bought my car from the dealer Chris got his from in 2011 and they were happy to sell it at invoice. I think I paid around 45k. They had so many offers for their 13 and first 14 that they are sticking pretty close to MSRP. I just can't justify paying 10k more for this car than I did my 11, or in reality 15-20k more than mine is worth now.

railroad

Established Member
If anyone is interested there are 3 GT 500s at Town and Country Ford in Bessemer, Alabama. They may have dealer mark up on them, do not know. You can check their inventory on line. They may have a color or options someone wants.

Users who are viewing this thread