2014 GT500 vs. 2014 Corvette Z51

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Awesome, I'm happy the GT500 is holding the highest HP numbers, but the new C7 Z06 will be a runner.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
I wouldn't mind owning a C7 Vette, but I'll wait until 2016......

Then I can say I own two of them. A '66 Stingray, and '16 Stingray.... Something kind of cool about owning two cars with a difference of 50 years. It'll be nice to hand them down to grand kids someday....

BahnRunner

Established Member
Honestly, I have driven/owned many vettes and stangs and I have to say the vette is a much better handling car and way better balanced than my GT500 is or any mustang for that matter. We are really dealing with two completley different animals here. If you want a 1/4 mile monster that is a blast to drive then the GT500 has the edge besides that the GT500 is a piece of history that is probably the high water mark of power in a Mustang for the forseeable future. If you want a car that handles like an absolute dream and does just about everything well then the vette is great. GM has made it clear that the new C7Z06 will blow the doors off the outgoing ZR1, the ZR1 already ranked as one of the fastest production cars in the world, setting a record on the nurnburgring. I would be willing to bet money that there won't be anything out there for the same price that will touch it foreign or domestic, and I really don't think there will be much competition for it period, regardless of price. Here is a video from a 1/4 mile event over here in Germany a few weeks ago. The track is unprepped and uphill which favors awd cars. The ZR1 skull drug the GTR that had exhaust only for a mod and a tune, the ZR1 mods were slicks and ridiculous wing. The second vid has my buddys bone stock 13 GT500 vs. another buddies 700hp procharged 5.0 with slicks and suspension. I threw that one in just for fun since this is a gt500 forum. Yes the times suck! This track is very challenging...again uphill, and debris everywhere. The ZR1 consistently ran better times than my buddys GT500 did but to be fair it was running slicks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3OnOJXeVXA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=414e003W_Fc

Users who are viewing this thread