2015 GT350 Mustang Confirmed????????!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
I've met CS several times. I've picked him up from the airport. I've had lunch with him and 2 other people. I deal with Shelby Auto's daily. I'm sitting in a building with over a dozen original Shelby mustangs, a real cobra and 5 new continuation cobra's. This isn't about disrespect or lack of knowledge.
CS and Ford definitely made some deals before his passing.
I love how everyone is a shelby expert. I think it safe to say I know a fair amount, but I'm still pretty far off from being an expert!

I'm not claiming to be an expert, I'm just saying I've been going to Shelby Meets since I was a child. Mid America is a very exclusive deal Ford and Shelby both always treated it as such. I'm merely quoting what was told to me back in June. I too am around Shelby's daily as well as Panteras and GT40's I don't care if his name is on it or not. I've just been told that it wouldn't be. Based on the fact that we're seeing GT350 as opposed to GT500 makes this pretty black and white in my eyes. Guess others don't seem to understand.

Either way, I'm sure it'll be an amazing machine. Just hope they change the Dash/Gauges Looks horrible.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
For those that feel Shelby's name is marking up the price of the car, how much cheaper would a 2014 Shelby GT500 have been if Shelby's name wasn't on it?

My answer - It would be the exact same price.

I believe the only time Shelby's name plays into the price of the car is when dealers are asking a huge markups. Example, 2007 when it was first released and people were paying 20K over (I know a guy that did just that...).

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
For those that feel Shelby's name is marking up the price of the car, how much cheaper would a 2014 Shelby GT500 have been if Shelby's name wasn't on it?

My answer - It would be the exact same price.

I believe the only time Shelby's name plays into the price of the car is when dealers are asking a huge markups. Example, 2007 when it was first released and people were paying 20K over (I know a guy that did just that...).

I would tend to agree with you. How much cheaper do you expect a 662 HP car is going to be ? It's already by far the best new $/HP vehicle out there.

redline

Established Member
you probably will not see a svt cobra name til ford reinvents the fox body again.

How about the Ac Cobra & The Ac Daytona Coupe.
That would be a great car for Ford to bring back.
I pray Mr.Carol & Ford had some thinking on that unit.
Wonder if Ford will consider building it & of course have Carols name on it..

NametoShowOther

Established Member
How about the Ac Cobra & The Ac Daytona Coupe.
That would be a great car for Ford to bring back.
I pray Mr.Carol & Ford had some thinking on that unit.
Wonder if Ford will consider building it & of course have Carols name on it..

AC is a british car company name and is wholly inappropriate on a ford, the made the original cobra that shelby stuck the 260 into. It is part of the cobra heritage no doubt but should not be put onto a ford product in my opinion

Darth Racer

Established Member
I don't really care what he did though.

His sketchy charity has nothing to do with the fact that he tried to rip off a honest business. Donating to charity doesn't make stealing alright.

LOL...by your responses you show your bias. You don't care? Sounds like a personal vendetta against Carrol. He must have run over your dog with his cobra.

And, you seem not to care for automotive racing history to diss the man the way you do. From your viewpoint....."I don't like him, therefore I will not give him any credit for his great achievements in auto racing that are well documented in many books." That's not only unreasonable, but irrational.

Was he a perfect man? Hell no. But who is? You take the good and the bad and sum them up. On balance, he is in good standing. You call his charity bogus? Okay, give me the source for that view.

Anyway, have a nice day and enjoy that viper (that Carrol helped develop).

MWR

YWSOTD
Established Member
GM has announced the 2015 Z06 reveal will be in Jan 2014. If there is going to be a 2015 GT350/500 or whatever, why hasn't ford announced a reveal date yet?

applejack

Banned
Wow, these threads that focus on CS can be rather shocking and quite entertaining. Hard to say what is more ridiculous, the posts about "Shelby" granting his approval for every version of GT500 built or the idiotic notion that Ford would ever have agreed to pay SAI for the use of the name.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
That's hilarious because what he did in the 60's led us to where we are today. You clearly have no idea of the impact he had on Le Mans racing which changed the motorsports world forever.

As for press releases not mentioning his involvement, That's like saying you need a bullet point on the spec sheet saying it's a rear wheel drive vehicle. It's implied that if his name is on it, you bet your ass he was content with the performance of the product. As far as thanking the SVT Crew, SVT is all but nonexistent. Since John Coletti left ford after he finished the Ford GT & aided in the reliable engine design for the GT500 SVT has basically done nothing with the exception of an overpriced truck that suburban soccer moms take grocery shopping on Wednesday afternoon. (Don't get me wrong i like the truck but it's completely impractical in every stretch of the imagination and ridiculously priced) So while whats left of the SVT did play a role in the GT500. Lets not act like this is late 90's early 2000's those days are long gone.

Ford marketing as well as, former CEO William Clay Ford Jr. both credit the level of success of the mustang to Carrol Shelby. The mustang was never intended to be what it is today. In fact was never intended for performance, it was meant to be an affordable secretaries daily driver. It would have certainly died by now like any other two door mid size sedan.

Yes Lutz visioned a 2 seater sports car guess what it was based on ? The Cobra. Guess who he had do the entire concept of the vehicle ? Carroll Shelby. As for the 5th gen I'll give you that.... but you have to understand that nothing became what it is without going through what it was. Therefor, you can't credit the 5th gen without understanding the fact that the 1st Gen creators are responsible for it's existence.

As for looking up him. Like I said I had the pleasure of meeting the man several times. He was a humble and nice as could be, while at the same time not one to beat around the bush. As for a 6.8 million dollar suit. He's donated 50 times that to children charities. So that's a moot point, if everyone copied your design that just happened to be a winning design. You'd be frustrated too.

A Viper guy talking down on Shelby...... SMH! I've seen it all.

Ironic that you insinuate SVT is a lame duck while posting on SVT Performance; one of the largest Ford forums. Also ironic that this site has grown exponentially in the past decade and especially since the GT500 came about. Travis, the owner of this site know and has talked to Jamal Hameedi about SVT. I think he would have sold off the site or changed the name of SVT was no longer relevant. That and it probably wouldn't have survived, let alone grown all this time. Ford knows from this website alone that SVT is important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread