350Z vs '11 GT/CS

KushBandit

Established Member
So as I'm cruising on the freeway to the local gas station, when I come up on some traffic and decide to go to the empty lane on the right and "goose it" around the slow folks in the passing lane. One of the slower drivers was a silver Nissan 350ZZ, which I found out later was an automatic with "bolt ons", and he followed suit behind me towards the border.

The driver pulls along my passenger side and I give him a thumbs-up. He returns the gesture, asks if I have the "five point ohh" and if I want to race. I motion for a 40 roll and he obliges. After I honked it off, it was pretty embarrassing. I put about 3 buses before I shut it down. We commenced with 2 more races that ended with similar results.

After the races, a lifted Chevy Silverado with huge mud tires came flying by that was honking it's Dixie horn(dukes of hazzard). I pulled off to the fuel station and met owner of the Z, who was a cool guy. He asked me what size supercharger I had, to which I replied "I'm all motor". He mentioned he had never ran against a 5.0.

Later, on the drive home, a black C6 wanted to play but we had CHP following us. He pointed to the cop and gave me a shrug so I pulled off at a nearby exit to go home. I was bummed cause I thought I had found a good race for the night:shrug:

I usually don't like to puppy kick but I'm always down for some fun, no harm races.

Tauntonterror

Established Member
Ya 350zs aren't very fast. After 2008 they got a better motor but for a new 5.0 it's not much of a difference.

Zemedici

Established Member
Ya 350zs aren't very fast. After 2008 they got a better motor but for a new 5.0 it's not much of a difference.

it was 2007 they got the HR motor. DE is 03-04 and some 05s. However the difference is marginal at best, just dual intakes and a few other odds and ends.

350zs are fun to drive. Hell when I sell the 15 I may snag up a nismo 370.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
I beat a 370z with my 02 GT Vert and boltons. Really hurt a 350z at the strip one night. I was disappointed in them.

avgt500

Established Member
I had a 370z, the auto was badass, not 5.0 fast but it made the 350 feel like a dynasoar. That was my breef experience of a track day I tore the rear bumper off and bent two rays wheels, all within 3 laps, motocrossers have no fineness for roadracing.
Still had the paper plates on it.

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
I have a guilty fetish with 350Zs, I've owned two as daily drivers. I actually looked through craigslist again today to see if I can find another cheap one, last '03 I bought was $3900.

clc44

Established Member
Why would you ever sell your '15???

it was 2007 they got the HR motor. DE is 03-04 and some 05s. However the difference is marginal at best, just dual intakes and a few other odds and ends.

350zs are fun to drive. Hell when I sell the 15 I may snag up a nismo 370.

Users who are viewing this thread