350z vs 1995 cobra

tjmpaintball06

Established Member
I was on the way to the movies with a friend of mine when a black 350z came up next to me. Im not much of a racer but i revved my engine at him and signaled to race. The kid was about 17 (alone) and he signaled "No" so i let it go. The light turned green and the kid gunned it so i floored it and took off. I got to about 3rd gear and i was about 1 1/2 cars in front of him. Im not sure if the kid was a crappy driver but i heard his engine giving all it had and i saw it was a standard. I didn't think that a 5.0 liter cobra with flowmasters could take a 350z but i have to say i burned the kid because he had a significent head start and he was pushing the car. Any comments on if you think a 5.0 mustang cobra could take the 350z or if the kid was a bad driver? All i know is it was a rush.

71stang99

Established Member
I test drove a 95 cobra eons ago and it seemed quick for the time, cant speak abiout racing a 350z but i wouldnt mind having another cobra next to mine

bchisom99

Established Member
I got waxed by one on the highway, but I'm stock and this guy had every nismo bolt on besides forced induction...

but havn't played w/ a stock one.

Having test driven 2 of them, both 6MT's, both touring, I wasn't really impressed in a straight line, VERY good in the corners, but I think most new 'sports' cars are way to softly sprung, my favorite thing about the cobra is feeling every damn bump in the road...

98 Laser Red Cobra.....stock....

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
Originally posted by tjmpaintball06
i was about 1 1/2 cars in front of him

I've seen bone stock 95 Cobra's at the track run very low 14's, so the outcome of your race seems correct.

I've smoked a few in my 03. I usually give them a little head start, shift into 2nd, and then go blowing by. I like to look in my rear-view mirror afterwards to see the look on their faces -> :eek:

tjmpaintball06

Established Member
lucky lucky 03, 04 cobra owers. yea my 95 seems quick to me but the only other sports car that ive driven hard was a 93 rx7 twin turbo and i think that my cobra could take it. Im planning on getting a cervinis ram air hood/kit and some new pipes/headers. Just today i took on a rsx type S and i beat it bad.

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
Originally posted by 96 Mystic svt
I have smoked a G35 and a 350z with my old 95. I also was really suprized.

I'm not surprised. A 95 Cobra may be getting up there in years, but it's still a quick car. With a few mods, watch out.
If a stock 95 Cobra can pull on a brand new 350Z, that's quite impressive.

I've learned to never underestimate those older Stangs. :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread