3rd Annual Mustang-Boss 302 Roundup Motorsport Park Hastings NE

venom62

Established Member
I had the opportunity to participate in the 3rd Annual Mustang-Boss 302 Roundup at the Motorsport Park in Hastings NE Sep 20-22. There were 65 cars including Shelby GT500s, Cobras, Boss 302s etc in 4 classes Stock, Modified, Modified Outlaw and Race. I raced my 2014 Shelby GT500 in the Stock class with 21 other cars and was fortunate to improve my time over the weekend to win the Stock class in 1:41.8 over the 13 turn 2.1 mile course, beating a Boss 302 by 0.2 sec. It was a lot of fun and I plan to continue driving my car on the track to enjoy 'exercising' it.

A link to the GoPro video of my fastest lap is below if interested.

ccfmc

I would encourage anyone interested in road course racing in the midwest to check out the excellent facilities at the Motorsport Park Hastings track in Hastings NE.
______Motorsport Park Hastings______

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
I had the opportunity to participate in the 3rd Annual Mustang-Boss 302 Roundup at the Motorsport Park in Hastings NE Sep 20-22. There were 65 cars including Shelby GT500s, Cobras, Boss 302s etc in 4 classes Stock, Modified, Modified Outlaw and Race. I raced my 2014 Shelby GT500 in the Stock class with 21 other cars and was fortunate to improve my time over the weekend to win the Stock class in 1:41.8 over the 13 turn 2.1 mile course, beating a Boss 302 by 0.2 sec. It was a lot of fun and I plan to continue driving my car on the track to enjoy 'exercising' it.

A link to the GoPro video of my fastest lap is below if interested.

ccfmc

I would encourage anyone interested in road course racing in the midwest to check out the excellent facilities at the Motorsport Park Hastings track in Hastings NE.
______Motorsport Park Hastings______

Holy crap man, THAT'S the kind of road course I want to run on! It looks like it's perfect for our cars!! Nice straights, sweeping corners. Man I'm drooling! The only course I've driven is a small, tight course in Oklahoma that I suspect is built to make Miata's look good. lol

Wow, now I wanna take a road trip out there. I'd love to run a track where I could really stretch the car's legs. Congrats on your times. :rockon:

Stock tires? If so, what did you think of them? I think they do well in the handling department when warmed up.

SteveWK

Established Member
Nice video and good job winning your class.

I boiled my DOT 4 brake fluid on that tight short track in Oklahoma. Not sure if I was over driving the car or the shop messed up the brake flush. It is a fun track, but the straights aren't long enough to let the Shelby stretch its legs. If my track app was correct, I hit a top speed of 104.

I'd like to make it up to Hastings. The track looks like it is in better shape than Hallett in Oklahoma. Hmm, according to Google it is 254 miles from Wichita. Not too far at all. I'll have to put that on my calendar for next year.

Steve

venom62

Established Member
Holy crap man, THAT'S the kind of road course I want to run on! It looks like it's perfect for our cars!! Nice straights, sweeping corners. Man I'm drooling! The only course I've driven is a small, tight course in Oklahoma that I suspect is built to make Miata's look good. lol

Wow, now I wanna take a road trip out there. I'd love to run a track where I could really stretch the car's legs. Congrats on your times. :rockon:

Stock tires? If so, what did you think of them? I think they do well in the handling department when warmed up.

Yes I was using the stock Goodyear tires. They worked well after a couple laps to heat them up. My top speed was around 125 and the brakes worked fantastic, incredible stopping power with no fade over the 20+ min sessions. I will put in some higher temp brake fluid since I noticed a little boiled over on the cap between sessions, but no symptoms on the course.

venom62

Established Member
Nice video and good job winning your class.

I boiled my DOT 4 brake fluid on that tight short track in Oklahoma. Not sure if I was over driving the car or the shop messed up the brake flush. It is a fun track, but the straights aren't long enough to let the Shelby stretch its legs. If my track app was correct, I hit a top speed of 104.

I'd like to make it up to Hastings. The track looks like it is in better shape than Hallett in Oklahoma. Hmm, according to Google it is 254 miles from Wichita. Not too far at all. I'll have to put that on my calendar for next year.

Steve

The track is in great shape and George who helps manage the track is great to work with. His machine shop in Hastings builds the 427 engines that are used for Shelby America in Az and he had a couple of new aluminum Cobras at the track on Sat for the car show.

Users who are viewing this thread